Zopiclone 7,5-SL is a synthetic drug with a calming, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant effect, used for sleep disorders.
Release form and composition
Zopiclone 7.5-SL is produced in the form of coated tablets, 10 pcs. Each. in blisters, 1 or 2 packs in cartons.
The composition of the tablets include:
- The active substance is 7.5 mg zopiclone;
- Auxiliary components are magnesium stearate, calcium dihydrogen phosphate, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, wheat starch, titanium dioxide, sodium carboxymethyl starch.
Indications for use
Zopiclone 7.5-SL is prescribed for sleep disorders (for difficulty falling asleep, for night or early awakening), including secondary mental disorders.
The use of Zopiclone 7.5 SL is contraindicated in:
- Severe respiratory failure;
- Diseases of Erb-Goldflam (myasthenia);
- Severe abnormal liver function;
- Sleep apnea;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Also, Zopiclone 7.5-SL does not prescribe:
- Nursing and pregnant women;
- Children up to 18 years.
Dosing and Administration
Zopiclone 7.5-SL is taken orally before bedtime, washed down with a small amount of liquid.
The dosage is determined individually by a doctor. Usually, adults are prescribed 1 tablet (7.5 mg) per day.
It is recommended to start treatment with 3.75 mg per day for patients with chronic respiratory failure, liver dysfunction, or patients in advanced age; if necessary, the dosage can be increased by 2 times.
For severely impaired renal function, Zopiclone 7.5-SL is prescribed at 3.75 mg per day.
With the use of Zopiclone 7.5 SL, the development of disorders on the part of various body systems is possible, usually manifested in the form:
- Headache, dizziness, prolonged drowsiness, increased irritability, hallucinations, aggressiveness, depressive state after sleep (nervous system and sensory organs);
- Dry and metallic taste in the mouth, nausea (gastrointestinal tract);
- Skin allergic reactions.
Overdose may develop depression of the central nervous system (from drowsiness to loss of consciousness).
The effect of Zopiclone 7.5 SL increases narcotic analgesics, other antiepileptic, hypnotic and antihistamine drugs, antidepressants, antipsychotics, alcohol.
Do not use the drug in the management of vehicles, as well as patients whose profession is associated with increased concentration of attention.
During therapy should be aware that there is a risk of addiction.
Analogues of Zopiclone 7.5-SL are:
- According to the active substance - Imovan, Relaxax, Somnol, Piklodorm, Thorson;
- According to the mechanism of action - Zaleplon, Nitram, Reslip, Signopam, Eunooktin, Thorson, Zaleplon, Nitrest and other hypnotics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children, in a dry place at a temperature of 15-25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug - 3 years.