Golden mustache (callisia fragrant) is widely known for its antimicrobial, wound healing, antitumor and analgesic properties.
The chemical composition of the plant is rich in biologically active substances and useful micro-and macro-elements. The golden mustache contains:
- Flavonoids are natural biologically active compounds. The juice of kallizium contains three types of flavonoids - quercetin, kaempferol and catechins;
- Steroids (phytosterols) - substances with estrogenic activity, as well as antitumor, anti-sclerotic and anti-bacterial properties;
- Vitamins C and B, nicotinic acid;
- Tannins, pectins;
- Micro- and macronutrients: iron, zinc, copper, calcium, magnesium, potassium, cobalt, vanadium, bromine, nickel, strontium and rubidium.
Golden mustache is quite effective in the treatment of various infectious diseases, to strengthen the immune system and the circulatory system, to stimulate the metabolic processes. In addition, this plant has the property to remove toxins from the body, and also contributes to the speedy healing of wounds, has an analgesic effect. It is widely known for its golden mustache and its antitumor effects.
Indications for use
The scope of the golden whisker is very extensive. From the juice of the stems and leaves, decoctions, tinctures, oil, ointments, compresses, rubbing, lotions and baths are prepared. Often used to treat mashed fresh stalks of side shoots and leaves.
Most often, the golden mustache is used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Periodontitis, periodontal disease;
- Ischemic disease;
- Parkinson's disease;
- Vascular cramps, anemia, cardiovascular diseases;
- Worm invasions, in particular ascariasis;
- Mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, cystitis, urethritis;
- Adenoidosis, tonsillitis;
- Hepatic failure, chronic pancreatitis, nephritis;
- Urticaria, skin rashes, including acne;
- Rheumatism, osteochondrosis;
- Oncological diseases, leukemia;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Gynecological diseases;
- Pathology of the endocrine system.
Patients with stroke spend massage paralyzed parts of the body with the juice of golden mustache. Also, this plant is used for deep burns and frostbite of the extremities.
Golden mustache should be used only after consulting a doctor. It contains substances that tend to accumulate over time in the body and cause allergic reactions. It is important to stop smoking while taking medications on the basis of the golden mustache, because otherwise there is often a strong allergic reaction.
It is not recommended to take therapeutic drugs, which include a golden mustache, for patients with kidney disease and prostate adenoma. Also, this plant is contraindicated in children, pregnant women and with its individual intolerance. There is a negative effect of the golden mustache on the vocal cords of a person, which leads to the "subsidence" of the voice, after which it is rather difficult to recover the voice.
Homemade golden whisker medicine
For medicinal purposes, only an adult plant is used. At the same time it should stand in a well-lit place, but not in direct sunlight.
The golden mustache is considered curative when at the end of his mustache a panicle grows with leaves, which can be separated and rooted for the emergence of a new plant. In a matured plant, the color of the lower half of the trunk and the antennae itself acquire a dark purple color. Another sign of the readiness of the golden usa for medical use is considered to be the number of more than ten cubs.
Use the plant for making tinctures in oil or alcohol is recommended in the fall. During this period, the plant accumulates the largest number of healing substances.
Here are some popular recipes of traditional medicine from golden whiskers:
- Decoction of leaves for the treatment and prevention of inflammation of the digestive system, pancreatitis, diabetes, excretion of toxins, sand and small stones from the bladder and kidneys, as well as to improve the overall condition of the body. Take one large leaf of a plant (not less than 20 cm) or two small leaves, crushed and poured boiling water (0.7 l) in an enamel saucepan. On low heat boil for 3-5 minutes, then removed from heat, wrap and insist during the day. Take a decoction of gold whiskers 50-100 ml 3-4 times a day for 30-40 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is 8-10 days.
- Alcohol tincture for the treatment of arthritis, osteochondrosis, sciatica, diseases of the joints and blood vessels. They take 40 joints of the golden whisker, cut them from the butt into four parts and pour in vodka (0.5 l). Insist in a dark place for three weeks, occasionally shaking. Then the tincture is filtered and used for its intended purpose. You can use this solution to rub sore spots 1-2 times a day. Also effective compresses from alcohol tincture golden mustache. In this case, a gauze or bandage, folded in several layers, is plentifully moistened in the tincture and applied to the diseased area. Cover with compress paper and heat wrapped for two hours, then removed. This procedure is done twice a day, the therapeutic effect comes very quickly.
- Ointment of golden whiskers for the treatment of arthritis, arthrosis, skin diseases, trophic ulcers, frostbites and bruises. From the stems and leaves of the plant squeeze out the juice, mix it with interior fat, petroleum jelly or baby cream in a ratio of 1: 3. The received ointment is recommended to be stored in the refrigerator and to apply to destination.