Golden root (Rhodiola rosea) is a perennial herb. Medicines prepared on its basis, have antitumor, adaptogenic, antimetastatic and tonic effect, as well as improve memory, attention and mental performance of a person.
Rhodiola rosea roots are mainly used for medical purposes, so this part of the plant became the subject of close attention of scientists. According to research, the underground part of the golden root contains more than 140 biologically active components that have a beneficial effect on the human body as a whole and help in the fight against a fairly wide range of diseases.
Thus, at the root of the plant, among others, the following were found:
- Organic acids - citric, malic, oxalic, amber;
- Glucose, fructose, sucrose, sedoheptulose;
- Cinnamon alcohol;
- Essential oil;
- Phenol carboxylic acids and their derivatives;
- Trace elements - copper, manganese, zinc, silver;
- Flavonoids - tricine, astragalin, kaempferol, 5-glucoside, 7-rhamnoside, kaempferol, acetylrodalgin, 8-methylgerbacetin, rhodionine, 7-glucoside tricine, rhodiosin, rhodiolin.
Depending on the locality in which Rhodiola rosea is grown, its essential oil may also contain:
- Octanol and geraniol;
- Phenylethyl alcohol;
- Myrtenol, geraniol, brown alcohol.
The aboveground part of the golden root contains:
- Organic acids;
- Phenol carboxylic acids;
- Trans-p-hydroxycinnamic acid;
- Gallic acid;
Golden root has a powerful tonic effect, significantly superior to the effects of such famous plants as Aralia, ginseng, Leuzea, lemongrass and Eleutherococcus. At the same time, drugs made on the basis of the root of Rhodiola are characterized by very low toxicity.
As a stimulant that allows you to improve the overall body tone and performance, the golden root is recommended to be taken when overworked, as well as for people whose work is associated with elevated mental and physical stress.
Rhodiola rosea is a natural adaptogen that helps a person adapt to adverse conditions (including cold, heat, stresses, infections, stress).
Golden root increases low blood pressure. Moreover, unlike ginseng, it contributes to a smooth increase in blood pressure, without jumps, due to the positive influence of Rhodiola rosea on the elasticity of the vessel walls and their tone.
Also golden root:
- Stimulates the central nervous system;
- Improves vision;
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels;
- Prevents the development of atherosclerosis;
- Improves heart function;
- Increases hearing acuity;
- Promotes the secretion of bile;
- Stops bleeding;
- Improves appetite;
- Increases the body's resistance to various adverse factors;
- Improves energy metabolism in the muscle tissue and brain;
- Accelerates the healing process after severe illness and surgery;
- Normalizes the course of metabolic processes in the body;
- Improves sexual function in men.
Golden root is used in oncology, it is part of the majority of antitumor fees.
Rhodiola juice has an early-cleansing and healing effect, the plant extract has stimulating and adaptogenic properties, increases resistance to intoxication, inhibits the development of leukocytosis.
According to the data of American scientists from the University of California, who studied the golden root, regular use of a product based on it allows you to save the body's youth and prolong life.
The mechanism of action of the golden root resembles the action of homeopathic medicines. It should be borne in mind that the effect of taking rhodiola drugs depends on the dose. For example, a dose of 2-5 drops of an extract has an inhibitory (calming) effect, a dosage of 5-10 drops, on the contrary, gives a stimulating effect.
The inhibitory effect is necessary in acute and subacute states of the body: poisoning, injuries, over-stimulation of the central nervous system, inflammatory diseases, including with a cold. The stimulating effect is necessary in the treatment of diseases of a sluggish (chronic) nature, with increased fatigue, decreased performance, and malignant neoplasms.
Indications for use
The beneficial properties of the golden root are used in the treatment of:
- Nervous and physical exhaustion;
- Mountain sickness;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Uterine bleeding;
- Asthenic conditions;
- Oxygen starvation;
- Some diseases of the stomach and liver;
- Vascular dystonia;
- Respiratory infections;
- Diseases of the mouth and throat;
- Ran, abrasions, minor cuts, etc .;
Preparations of the golden root are contraindicated:
- With known hypersensitivity to at least one component present in the chemical composition of the plant;
- During pregnancy;
- During breastfeeding;
- Children up to 12 years;
- With organic brain damage;
- With pronounced agitation;
- People suffering from insomnia;
- With hypotension and hypertensive crisis.
Rhodiola rosea is not recommended to be taken in the afternoon, due to their stimulating effect.
It should be remembered that the effect of the plant on the body of each person may differ and depends on the dose, so treatment with means based on the golden root requires a strictly individual approach.
The recommended therapeutic doses should not be exceeded, since excessive use of gold root can cause side effects, manifested by headache, insomnia, unreasonable irritability, and painful sensation in the region of the heart.
Home remedies of golden root
Aqueous extract of golden root: 15 g of finely ground dry root pour 300 ml of boiling water. Well wrapped, for 4 hours to insist, strain. Take 1/2 cup three times a day 30 minutes before meals.
Rhodiola decoction: 1 tsp. crushed roots pour 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, remove from heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes, drain. Take 1-2 glasses in the morning, if desired, you can add sugar or honey to taste.
Alcohol tincture of golden root: 50 g of crushed roots placed in an enamel container, pour 0.5 liters of vodka, for 2 weeks insist in a dark place, shaking occasionally. Take 20-25 drops three times a day 30 minutes before meals.