Sitrolide is an antibiotic of macrolide group.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of capsules:
- Sitrolide 250 mg (in blisters of 6 and 10 pcs.);
- Sitrolide Forte 500 mg (in blisters and polymer cans of 3 or 6 pcs.).
The active ingredient of the drug is azithromycin.
Excipients capsules: magnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose.
- Capsules 250 mg - gelatin, titanium dioxide, azorubine, ponso 4R, dye quinoline yellow;
- Capsules 500 mg - gelatin, titanium dioxide, dye E110 sunsets.
Indications for use
Zitrolid is used in infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to azithromycin. Indications for his appointment are:
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract: tonsillitis, otitis media, pharyngitis, sinusitis and tonsillitis;
- Lower respiratory infections: bronchitis, bacterial and atypical forms of pneumonia;
- Infectious diseases of the skin and soft tissues: erysipelas, impetigo, secondary infected dermatosis;
- Urogenital system infections: cervicitis, uncomplicated urethritis;
- Scarlet fever;
- The initial stage of Lyme disease.
As part of the combination therapy, Zitrolide is prescribed for the treatment of ulcerative diseases of the stomach and duodenum associated with Helicobacter pylori.
The drug is not prescribed:
- In the case of a known hypersensitivity to azithromycin, other macrolides, or any auxiliary component;
- Children up to 3 years;
- Breastfeeding women;
- Patients with severe renal, hepatic failure.
Careful observation during the period of application of Zitrolid requires:
- Children with severe impaired liver / kidney function (regardless of their age);
- Patients with arrhythmias.
In the presence of vital indications, the drug can be used during pregnancy, but only after a thorough assessment of the balance between benefits and risks.
Dosing and Administration
Sitrolid should be taken once a day, 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals.
For infections of the urogenital system, as a rule, a single dose of 1 g of azithromycin is sufficient.
In case of ulcerative diseases associated with Helicobacter pylori, the drug is taken 1 g / day for 3 days.
The dose for infections of the respiratory tract is 500 mg. The duration of treatment is 3 days.
With infections of the skin and soft tissues, as well as at the initial stage of Lyme disease, on the first day of treatment the patient is shown taking 1 g of azithromycin, and over the next 4 days - 500 mg. Total course dose - 3 g.
Children treatment with nitrolide is prescribed in one of two ways:
- 10 mg / kg / day for 3 days;
- 10 mg / kg on the first day, the next 4 days - 5-10 mg / kg.
The total dose rate for children is usually 30 mg / kg.
In Lyme disease, children on the first day of treatment should be prescribed Zitrolide at a dosage of 20 mg / mg, followed by 4 days at a dose of 10 mg / kg / day.
Most often (in about 3-5% of cases) when taking Zitrolida abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea.
Less than 1% of adult patients report:
- Drowsiness, headache, dizziness;
- Nephritis, in women - vaginal candidiasis;
- Vomiting, melena, flatulence, cholestatic jaundice, increased activity of hepatic transaminases;
- Increased fatigue;
- Rash, angioedema, photosensitivity;
- Chest pain, palpitations.
In children during the use of the drug sometimes occur:
- Itching, urticaria, conjunctivitis;
- Neurosis, hyperkinesia, anxiety, sleep disorders, in the treatment of otitis media - headache;
- Constipation, anorexia, change in taste, gastritis.
If you take too much of a dose, severe diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, and temporary hearing loss occur. There is no specific antidote for azithromycin. Symptomatic overdose treatment.
If necessary, the simultaneous use of antacids between doses of drugs must be maintained for 2-hour breaks.
Sitrolide is recommended to be taken between meals, since food reduces the absorption of azithromycin.
During the period of drug treatment is recommended to refrain from the use of alcoholic beverages.
Azithromycin is pharmacologically incompatible with heparin.
Efficiency of Zitrolid is strengthened by chloramphenicol and tetracycline, reduced - lincosamines.
Azithromycin slows down the elimination period, increases the concentration, and in some cases, toxicity:
- Indirect anticoagulants;
- Drugs that undergo microsomal oxidation, including oral hypoglycemic agents, valproic acid, xanthine derivatives, cyclosporine, ergot alkaloids, carbamazepine, bromocriptine, phenytoin, hexobarbital, disopyramide, terfenadine.
Patients who take warfarin during therapy need careful monitoring of prothrombin time.
Azithromycin enhances the toxic effect of dihydroergotamine and ergotamine,
It should be borne in mind that with the simultaneous use of Zitrolid with triazole, the pharmacological effect of the latter increases, and clearance decreases.
With the same active agent are released preparations: Azimitsin, azivok, Azitral, Azithromycin, Azitroks, Azitrotsin, AzitRus, Azitsid, Zetamaks retard Zitrotsin, Z-factor Sumaklid, Zitnob, Sumametsin, Sumamoks, Sumatrolid soljutab, Hemomitsin, Sumamed, Tremak- Sanovel, Ecomed.
The group of macrolides also includes a similar mechanism of action: drugs: Clarbact, Ketek, Clarithromycin, Vilprafen, Claromin, Arvicin, Klacid, Oleandomycin, Macropen, Remora, Coater, Rovamitsin, Spiramisar, Ecosin, Rulid, Frostid, Eritromin, Eritromin, Eritromin, Eritromin, Erythromin, Erythromin, Erythromin, Erythromin, Erythromin, Erythromin, Erythromin, Erythromin
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug should be stored at temperatures up to 25 ºC in a dry, dark place.
Shelf life of capsules 250 mg - 3 years, capsules 500 mg - 2 years.