Janine is a monophasic oral contraceptive with antiandrogenic properties.
Release form and composition
Dosage form Zhanin - pills for oral administration.
Dienogest and ethinyl estradiol (2 mg and 30 μg in one tablet, respectively) are included as active ingredients.
Talc, lactose monohydrate, potato starch, gelatin and magnesium stearate are used as auxiliary components.
Dragee shell is made of dextrose, sucrose, titanium dioxide, polyvidone C25, magrogol 35,000, calcium carbonate, carnoubs wax.
Pills are sold in blister packs of 21 pcs., In one carton pack there may be 1 or 3 blisters.
Indications for use
Janine is used for contraception.
In the presence of any of the diseases / conditions described below, Janine is forbidden to take. If any of these conditions develop for the first time during the period of use of the contraceptive, the drug should be immediately canceled:
- Diabetes mellitus, accompanied by vascular complications;
- Migraine with focal neurological disorders;
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- Pancreatitis with severe hypertriglyceridemia, including a history of;
- Arterial or venous thrombosis, including in the anamnesis;
- Conditions preceding thrombosis (for example, angina pectoris or transient ischemic attacks);
- Benign and malignant tumors of the liver;
- Severe liver disease and liver failure (until the normalization of liver samples);
- Hormone-dependent malignant disease of the mammary glands or genitals, as well as suspected the presence of tumors;
- Severe or multiple risk factors for thrombosis (arterial or venous), which include: smoking over the age of 35 years, complicated valvular heart disease, serious surgery with forced long-term immobilization, diseases of the coronary arteries of the heart or brain vessels, atrial fibrillation, drug-resistant arterial hypertension.
In addition, contraindications to the use of Zhanin are:
- Pregnancy and suspicion of her;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
With the following risk factors / conditions / diseases, Janine can be appointed only after a careful assessment of the ratio of expected benefits and possible risks:
- Liver disease;
- Hereditary angioedema;
- Postpartum period;
- Diseases aggravated or occurred for the first time during a previous pregnancy or during the previous administration of sex hormone drugs, including Sydenhem chorea, pregnant herpes, porphyria, gallbladder disease, jaundice, cholestasis, otosclerosis with hearing impairment;
- The risk of thrombosis or thromboembolism, these include obesity, migraine, smoking, hypertension, major surgery, prolonged immobilization, major trauma, heart valve dislipoproteinemia, a genetic predisposition to thrombosis, and cerebrovascular accident or infarction, have been reported in one of the closest relatives at a young age;
- The presence of a disease in which a violation of peripheral blood circulation is possible, including phlebitis of the superficial veins, hemolytic uremic syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus, Crohn's disease, diabetes mellitus, sickle cell anemia.
Dosing and Administration
Janine should be taken 1 tablet a day, preferably at the same time, in the order indicated by the arrows on the package (for convenience, the day of the week is indicated below each cell with the drops on the blister). Then you need to take a 7-day break. As a rule, 2-3 days after taking the last dragee in a woman, menstrual bleeding begins. It is important to note that before the start of the new packaging, the withdrawal bleeding may not end, however, you need to take the drug on a schedule.
If in the previous month the woman did not take any hormonal contraceptive, the optimal time to start taking Zhanin is the first day of menstrual bleeding. Acceptance of the first dragee is also possible on the 2-5 day of the cycle, but then during the first week an additional barrier method of contraception will be required.
How to take Janine when switching from other types of contraceptives:
- From the transdermal patch and vaginal ring - on the day of their removal, but no later than the day when a new patch is to be pasted or a new ring is installed;
- From combined oral contraceptives on the very next day after taking the last active pill, but no later than the next day after a 7-day break (in case of taking the drug calculated for 21 days), or after taking the last inactive pill (when using the drug containing 28 tablets);
- With mini-drank - any day, without making a break in reception;
- With intrauterine contraceptive and implant containing progestogen - on the day of their removal;
- With an injection form of a contraceptive containing only a gestagen, on the day when the next injection is to be given.
If you failed to comply with the recommended transition rules, you should additionally use a barrier method of contraception during the first 7 days of taking the drug.
After an abortion in the first trimester, it is recommended to start taking Janine immediately, then no other methods of protection from unwanted pregnancy are needed.
After an abortion in the second trimester and after childbirth, it is recommended to begin the use of Zhanin on days 21-28. If you start the reception later, it is recommended to take extra protection during the week. If a woman has already lived sexually, then it is necessary to wait for the first menstruation or exclude pregnancy.
Most often, women taking Janine complain of headaches, breast engorgement, discomfort and chest pain.
Relatively frequent side effects are:
- Vaginal candidiasis, vaginitis, vulvovaginitis, or other vulvovaginal infections;
- Increased appetite;
- Decrease in mood;
- Dizziness, migraine;
- Arterial hypertension / hypotension;
- Pain, bloating, abdominal discomfort, nausea and / or vomiting, diarrhea;
- Acne, rash (including macular), pruritus (including generalized), alopecia;
- Abnormal withdrawal bleeding (including oligomenorrhea, hypomenorrhea, amenorrhea, menorrhagia), swelling, swelling and a feeling of bursting of the breast, discharge from the genital tract, pain in the pelvic area, ovarian cysts, intermenstrual bleeding;
- Increased fatigue;
- Changes in body weight.
In rare cases, the use of Zhanin noted:
- Fungal and viral infections, oral herpes, cystitis, adnexitis, candidiasis, cervicitis, mastitis, candidiasis, urinary tract infections, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis, infections of the upper respiratory tract;
- Uterine fibroids, breast lipoma;
- Sleep disturbances, depression, aggression, mental disorders;
- Dystonia, cerebrovascular disorders, ischemic stroke;
- Oscillopsia, dizziness, tinnitus, hearing loss, up to a temporary loss, dryness and irritation of the mucous membrane of the eyes;
- Tachycardia, orthostatic circulatory dystonia, venous pathology, diastolic hypertension, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis or pulmonary embolism, cardiovascular disorders, hot flashes;
- Hyperventilation, bronchial asthma;
- Dyspeptic disorders, enteritis, gastritis;
- Eczema, seborrhea, pathological changes of the skin (including spider veins and orange peel), dandruff, hirsutism, psoriasis, chloasma, atopic dermatitis, pigmentation disorders;
- Allergic reactions;
- Pain in the back and limbs, myalgia, discomfort in the bones and muscles;
- Dysplasia of the cervix, breast cyst and appendages of the uterus, fibrocystic mastopathy, menstrual disorders, galactorrhea, dyspareunia;
- Peripheral edema, fever, flu-like symptoms;
- Hypercholesterolemia, increased TG in the blood.
In the presence of hereditary angioedema, symptoms may worsen.
Oral contraceptives can affect the results of some laboratory tests, including indicators of the function of the kidneys, liver, adrenal glands, thyroid gland, the level of transport proteins in plasma, parameters of fibrinolysis and coagulation, indicators of carbohydrate metabolism.
Overdose symptoms: nausea and vomiting, metrorrhagia or bleeding from the genital tract. There is no specific antidote, overdose treatment is symptomatic.
By increasing the clearance of sex hormones while using with Zhannin can lead:
- Preparations Hypericum.
Some antibiotics can reduce the concentration of ethinyl estradiol, including tetracycline and penicillins.
Plasma levels of dienogest are increased by azole antifungals, antidepressants, diltiazem, cimetidine, macrolides, verapamil, and also grapefruit juice.
Oral contraceptives can affect the metabolism of other drugs, which leads to a decrease or increase in their concentration in the tissues and blood plasma.
Given the above, the possibility of using any other drug in the period of taking the contraceptive Janine should be coordinated with your doctor.
Genetten, Dietsiklen, Siluet and Bonade are produced with the same active substances.
Artizia, Belara, Vidor, Daill, Dimia, Jess, Evra, Zoeli, Lindinet 30, Logest, Marvelon, Mersilon, Midiana, Mikroginon, Miniziston 20 fem, Modell Pro, Novinet, Oralkon, Regulon, Rigivédon, Silest, are characterized by a similar mechanism of action Three-Mersey, Femoden, Cyclo-Proginova, EGestrenol, Yarin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life dragee - 3 years. Store Janine in a dry place at temperatures up to 25 ºC.