Zanocin - an antimicrobial drug of the fluoroquinolone group, intended for systemic use.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of:
- Zanotsin tablets 200 mg;
- Tablets of prolonged action Zanocin OD 400 mg and 800 mg;
- Solution for infusions Zanotsin of 2 mg / ml.
The active ingredient of the drug is ofloxacin.
Tablets as auxiliary substances contain:
- Microcrystalline cellulose;
- Corn starch;
- Polysorbate 80;
- Magnesium stearate;
- Purified talc;
- Sodium starch glycolate;
- Silicon dioxide anhydrous colloid.
The composition of the shell: purified talc, macrogol 400, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, titanium dioxide E171.
Tablets of prolonged action as auxiliary substances contain:
- Sodium bicarbonate;
- Purified water;
- Magnesium stearate;
- Xanthan gum;
- Sodium Alginate;
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose;
- Silicon dioxide anhydrous colloid;
- Lactose monohydrate (400mg tablets).
The composition of the shell: isopropyl alcohol, purified water, dyes Opadrai 31B 58910 white and Opacode-1-17734 black.
Auxiliary substances included in the solution:
- Sodium chloride;
- Disodium edeate;
- Water for injections;
- Hydrochloric acid;
- Sodium hydroxide.
Indications for use
Zanocin is used in the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases, the pathogens of which are sensitive to ofloxacin:
- Respiratory tract (community-acquired pneumonia and bronchitis);
- ENT organs (tracheitis, laryngitis, otitis media, sinusitis and pharyngitis);
- Bones and joints;
- Kidney and lower urinary tract (pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis);
- Soft tissue and skin;
- Biliary tract;
- Abdominal organs (except for bacterial enteritis);
- Pelvic and genital organs (salpingitis, endometritis, cervicitis, oophoritis, colpitis, prostatitis, gonorrhea, epididymitis, orchitis, chlamydia).
The solution is also used for sepsis.
The use of Zanocin is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to ofloxacin or any other drug of the fluoroquinolone group;
- Hypersensitivity to any auxiliary component of the drug;
- Epilepsy, including in the anamnesis;
- Decrease in a convulsive threshold, including after inflammatory processes in a central nervous system, a craniocerebral injury or a stroke;
- Tendinitis, including in the anamnesis;
- Unsustainable correction of hypokalemia;
- Increasing the QT interval on the ECG;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- A history of indications of tendon lesions due to the use of fluoroquinolones.
Also Zanotsin is not prescribed:
- Children and teenagers under 18;
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- Simultaneously with antiarrhythmic drugs (quinidine, cordarone, novainamide, sotalol).
With caution the drug is used for:
- Renal porphyria;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Hepatic failure;
- Predisposition to convulsive reactions;
- Violation of cerebral circulation, including in the anamnesis;
- Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels;
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system;
- Psychosis and other mental disorders, including a history of;
- Heart diseases, including heart failure, bradycardia, myocardial infarction;
- The need to use drugs that extend the QT interval (antifungal, antihypertensive and some antihistamines, tetracyclic and tricyclic antidepressants, neuroleptics, imidazole derivatives, macrolides, barbiturates, class IA and III antiarrhythmic drugs).
Dosing and Administration
In the form of a solution, Zanocin is administered intravenously. Doses and infusion schedules depend on the type and location of the infection, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient, the function of his liver and kidneys, and the sensitivity of microorganisms.
Adult patients are usually prescribed 200 mg once or twice a day. In severe or complicated diseases, it is possible to increase the dose to 400 mg twice a day. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 800 mg. Duration of infusion - 30-60 minutes. Before the introduction of Zanocin diluted with 5% dextrose solution. As soon as the patient's condition improves, he is transferred to the oral administration of the drug in the form of tablets.
Inside Zanotsin take 200-400 mg per day. If the daily dosage does not exceed 400 mg, it is recommended to take it at once, preferably in the morning. Higher doses are divided into two doses. It is necessary to take pills before meals or during meals.
With gonorrhea, as a rule, a single dose of 400 mg of ofloxacin is sufficient. When prostatitis is usually prescribed 300 mg per day.
In case of impaired renal function, the dose of Zanocin is reduced:
- If QA is 50-20 ml / minute - 100-200 mg per day;
- If CC is below 20 ml / minute - 100 mg / day.
Patients on hemodialysis are prescribed 100 mg once a day.
In liver failure and liver cirrhosis, the daily dose should not exceed 400 mg.
The duration of Zanocin therapy depends on the sensitivity of the pathogen to ofloxacin and the overall clinical picture. As a rule, the treatment lasts:
- With infections of the skin and respiratory system - 10 days;
- In infectious diseases of the pelvic organs - 10-14 days;
- With urinary tract infections - 3-10 days;
- With prostatitis - up to 6 weeks.
After the disappearance of all symptoms of the disease, it is recommended to take the drug for at least 2 more days.
Tablets of prolonged action Zanocin OD is usually prescribed:
- With infections of the urinary tract and sexually transmitted diseases - 400 mg / day for 3-7 days, with complicated infections - 10 days;
- With prostatitis - 400 mg per day for 6 weeks;
- With infections of the skin and soft tissues, respiratory diseases - 800 mg / day. for 10 days.
When using Zanocin, the following adverse reactions are possible:
- Nausea and / or vomiting, loss of appetite, dry mouth, abdominal pain and cramps, flatulence, constipation or diarrhea; rarely - jaundice, impaired function and necrosis of the liver, hepatitis, intestinal perforation, heartburn, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, pseudomembranous colitis, increased activity of liver enzymes;
- Nervousness, tiredness, dizziness, drowsiness, or insomnia; rarely - cognitive changes, anxiety, convulsions, depression, euphoria, pathological dreams, hallucinations, psychotic reactions, confusion, emotional lability, suicidal thoughts or attempts, paresthesia, ataxia, disorientation, agitation, nystagmus, aggression, coordination and speech disorders, peripheral neuropathy, paranoia, syncope, exacerbation of extrapyramidal disorders, tremor, phobia;
- Rash, itching; rarely - urticaria, angioedema, vasculitis, erythema nodosum, anaphylactic shock, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, conjunctivitis, allergic pneumonitis, exfoliative dermatitis;
- Vaginitis, vaginal discharge, itching of the external genitalia; rarely, vaginal candidiasis, menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, metrorrhagia, irritation, burning, pain, and a rash in the genital area of women;
- Pain in the chest and body, fever, pharyngitis.
In rare cases, there are:
- Cerebral thrombosis, arterial hypertension or hypotension, vasodilation, palpitation, edema (including lung), tachycardia, cardiac arrest;
- Urinary retention, anuria, polyuria, renal failure, hematuria, candiduria, albuminuria, nephritis, the formation of kidney stones;
- Tendonitis, exacerbation of myasthenia, muscle weakness, arthralgia, myalgia,
- Acidosis, weight loss, thirst, hypo-or hyperglycemia (especially in patients with diabetes mellitus, receiving oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin), an increase in serum cholesterol, triglycerides and potassium;
- Nasal discharge, stridor, cough, bronchospasm, dyspnea, respiratory arrest;
- Nystagmus, diplopia, tinnitus, hearing impairment, photophobia, impaired visual perception, smell and / or taste;
- Hyperpigmentation, photosensitivity, vesicular-bullous eruptions;
- Pancytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, reversible inhibition of bone marrow hemorrhage, bleeding, anemia, thrombocytopenia, ecchymosis, petechiae, thrombocytopenic purpura, an increase in prothrombin time;
- General malaise, chills, increased sweating, nosebleeds.
The whole period of treatment is necessary:
- Ensure sufficient hydration of the body;
- Periodically monitor blood glucose levels;
- Avoid ultraviolet radiation;
- Use caution when driving vehicles and performing potentially hazardous work that requires a high reaction rate.
If necessary, long-term use of Zanocin requires monitoring the pattern of peripheral blood, kidney and liver function.
A decrease in the concentration of ofloxacin is observed with simultaneous use:
- antacids containing magnesium, calcium and / or aluminum;
- preparations containing divalent and trivalent cations;
- multivitamins, which include zinc.
For this reason, at least 2-hour intervals should be observed between taking these medicines.
NSAIDs in combination with oflaksacin increase the risk of increased stimulating effect on the central nervous system and the development of seizures.
Mutual enhancement of action is observed with the combined use of Zanocin with aminoglycosides, beta-lactam antibiotics and metronidazole.
Ofloxacin slows down the removal of theophylline, which leads to an increase in its concentration and the development of associated side effects.
Ashof, Zofloks, Geofloks, Oflo, Ofloks, Ofloksatsin, Ofloksabol, Oflomak, Oflotsin, Ofloksin, Tarivid, Taritsin, Tariferid.
Terms and conditions of storage
Zanoqin is a prescription drug. To store it, according to the instructions, it is necessary in a darkened, dry (for tablets) place at a temperature of not more than 25 ºC.
The shelf life of the solution - 2 years, tablets - 3 years.