Wobenzym is a drug used to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Release form and composition
Wobenzyme is produced in the form of round enteric-coated red-orange biconvex tablets, which have a characteristic odor, in blisters of 20 pieces. and plastic bottles of 800 pcs.
Each of them contains the following active ingredients:
- Bromelain (225 U.FIP);
- Amylase (50 U.FIP);
- Lipaz (34 U.FIP);
- Trypsin (360 U.FIP);
- Rutozid (50 mg);
- Papain (90 U.FIP);
- Chymotrypsin (300 U.FIP);
- Pancreatin (345 prot.ED.Ph.Eur).
Also, each tablet of Wobenzym contains excipients - lactose, corn starch, sucrose, purified water, talc, stearic acid, magnesium stearate and colloidal silicon dioxide.
Enteric coatings covering Wobenzym tablets contain white clay, a copolymer of methacrylic acid and methyl methacrylate, sucrose, povidone, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000, crimson dye 4R and yellow-orange, shellac, bleached and carnauba wax, talc and triethyl citrate.
Indications for use
Wobenzym, according to the instructions, is used as part of complex therapy for endarteritis obliterans, post-phlebitic syndrome, atherosclerosis of lower limb arteries, thrombophlebitis, for the prevention of recurrent phlebitis, cystitis, cystopielitis, prostatitis and lymphatic edema, and also in
- Distortion, inflammation of soft tissue and burns;
- Hemophthalmia, uveitis and iridocyclitis;
- Diabetic angiopathy and retinopathy;
- Sexually transmitted infections;
- Sinusitis, pneumonia and bronchitis;
- Multiple sclerosis, acne and atopic dermatitis;
- Pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis;
- Autoimmune thyroiditis;
- Treatment of postoperative complications;
- Chronic infections of the genitals, mastopathy, gestosis and adnexitis;
- Fractures, injuries, damage to the ligaments and bruises;
- Subacute stage of myocardial infarction and angina;
- Ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid and reactive arthritis;
- Pancreatitis and hepatitis.
The drug is used to prevent infectious complications during radiation and chemotherapy, disruption of adaptation mechanisms, microcirculation disorders, post-stress disorders, as well as side effects that occur while taking hormonal contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy.
The use of Wobenzym is contraindicated in children under 5 years of age, in diseases that may cause bleeding, hemodialysis, as well as in cases of hypersensitivity to the components that make up the drug.
With caution, the drug is prescribed during pregnancy and during the breastfeeding period.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken orally, without chewing, for 30 minutes. before meals with a glass of drinking water. Adults and children over 12 years old during the first three days of treatment take 3 tablets three times a day, and then increase the dose of Wobenzym, namely:
- In cases of medium disease activity - up to 5-7 pcs. 3 times a day for 2 weeks, after which even during the same time, patients take 3-5 tablets three times a day;
- With high disease activity - up to 7-10 tablets 3 times a day for 14-21 days, and then for 2-3 months, patients take 5 pcs. three times a day.
In cases of long-term chronic diseases, the period of drug therapy may be extended to six months or more. In order to improve the tolerability of radiation and chemotherapy, as well as to improve the quality of life of patients, after the procedures, 5 pcs. Wobenzym three times a day.
When using the drug to increase the activity of antibacterial agents and the prevention of dysbiosis with antibiotic therapy, patients take five tablets three times a day. At the end of the course of antibiotic therapy, the dose is reduced to 3 pcs. per day three times a day and take for 2 weeks.
Dosage funds for children 5-12 years is determined based on the calculation of - 1 tablet of the drug per 6 kg of body weight of the child.
The instructions to Wobenzym indicated that the drug may cause urticaria, slight changes in the consistency and smell of feces.
Cases of overdose of the drug to date has not been registered.
In the first few days of the use of Wobenzym, the existing symptoms of the disease may worsen. It is recommended in such cases to reduce the dose of the drug.
Drug synonyms are not released. The analogs of Wobenzym include drugs such as:
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Wobenzym should be stored in a well-ventilated, dry place, out of the reach of children and light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Medicines are dispensed from a pharmacy without a doctor's prescription; its shelf life is 2.5 years. After the expiration date of Wobenzym must be disposed of.