Vimovo is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent with a proton pump inhibiting action.
Release form and composition
The drug is in the form of enteric-coated tablets, the main active ingredients of which are naproxen and magnesium esomeprazole trihydrate.
The auxiliaries used in Vimovo include Povidone K90, croscarmellose sodium, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, macrogol 8000, hypromellose, triethyl citraty, the deptics of the order of the order of the those in the dept. , polydextrose, iron oxide yellow, carnauba wax, black ink.
Vimovo tablets are packaged in plastic bottles of 6 or 60 pieces.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Vimovo is used to relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis in patients who have a tendency to develop stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers while taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
According to the instructions, Vimovo does not apply when:
- The history of bronchial asthma, urticaria and allergic reactions due to NSAIDs;
- Severe uncontrolled heart failure;
- Severe liver failure or active liver disease;
- Severe renal failure;
- Gastrointestinal and other types of bleeding;
- Exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease;
- Conditions after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Exacerbation of inflammatory bowel disease;
- The use of atazanavir and nelfinavir;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity of the organism to the components included in the preparation and other substituted benzimidazoles;
as well as under the age of 18 years.
According to the instructions, Vimovo carefully applied when:
- Chronic heart failure;
- The history of adverse reactions from the digestive tract to the intake of NSAIDs;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Violation of cerebral circulation;
- Peripheral arterial disease;
- The use of anticoagulants, oral corticosteroids, antithrombotic drugs, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, ACE inhibitors and diuretics;
- The presence of risk factors for cardiovascular diseases (diabetes, hyperlipidemia, smoking);
- History of intestinal diseases;
- Moderate severity of renal failure;
- Mild and moderate liver failure;
and also in old age.
Dosing and Administration
Vimovo tablets are intended for oral administration. They are taken half an hour before meals twice a day, one tablet.
When using Vimovo, certain adverse reactions may develop (often):
- Cardiovascular system: heartbeat;
- Nervous system: drowsiness, dizziness, headache, vertigo, faintness;
- Organs of vision and hearing: impaired vision, hearing loss tinnitus;
- The digestive system: heartburn, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, stomatitis, flatulence, peptic ulcers;
- Mental disorders: insomnia, depression;
- Respiratory system: shortness of breath;
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: bruising, skin rash, itching, purpura;
- Infections and invasions: diverticulitis;
- General disorders: swelling, fatigue, thirst, sweating.
When applying Vimovo should be borne in mind that:
- Patients with moderate or mild renal insufficiency, as well as moderate and weak hepatic insufficiency, the drug is prescribed under the careful control of the kidneys and liver. In this case, the daily dosage of the drug may be reduced
- Patients with a history of peptic ulcer (especially if it was complicated by perforation or bleeding) should begin using Vimovo with the lowest doses;
- Elderly patients, as well as patients with undesirable gastrointestinal reactions in history, should immediately notify the doctor of any unusual symptoms that occur in the abdominal cavity;
- With the development of clinically significant or active bleeding of any localization, treatment of Vimovo is stopped;
- If a skin rash appears, mucous membranes and other symptoms associated with hypersensitivity to the drug should be discontinued;
- Patients who take Vimovo for a long time (more than a year) need constant medical supervision;
- Care must be taken when driving and other machinery;
- Overdose of Vimovo is manifested by dizziness, drowsiness, lethargy, epigastric pain, heartburn, abdominal discomfort, digestive disorders, transient changes in liver function, nausea, impaired renal function, hypoprothrombinemia, apnea, metabolic acidosis, gastrointestinal hemorrhagosis, gastrointestinal rash, gastrointestinal changes in the functioning of the kidney, hypoprothrombinemia, apnea, metabolic acidosis, gastrointestinal disorders of the gastrointestinal region Treatment in such situations amounts to stimulating vomiting, taking activated charcoal and symptomatic therapy;
- With the simultaneous administration of Vimovo and lithium preparations, the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma increases, which requires monitoring of the possible manifestations of lithium toxicity symptoms;
- Patients also taking hydantoin, sulfonamide, or sulfonylurea derivatives, should, if necessary, adjust the dose of Vimovo;
- The drug can reduce the antihypertensive effect of beta-blockers;
- Care should be taken when taking the drug simultaneously with cyclosporine or tacrolimus due to the high risk of nephrotoxicity;
- Kolestiramin reduces the absorption of the drug.
Vimovo has no structural analogues.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in places not accessible to children, at a temperature of not more than 30 ° not more than two years.