Vikalin - a drug with astringent, antacid and antispasmodic effect, used in the treatment of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
Release form and composition
Vikalin is produced in the form of tablets, which include bismuth subnitrate, magnesium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, buckthorn bark, calamus rhizomes, rutin and kellin.
Talc, potato starch, and stearic acid are used as excipients in Vikalin.
The drug is available in contoured bagless paper packaging and in blister PVC packaging of 20, 50 and 100 tablets in a carton box.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Vikalin applied when:
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum in the complex therapy;
- Hyperacid gastritis as part of complex therapy.
According to the instructions, Vikalin does not apply when:
- High sensitivity of the patient to the components of the drug;
- Hypoacid gastritis;
- Chronic appendicitis;
- Renal failure;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
as well as under the age of 18 years.
Dosing and Administration
Vikalina tablets are intended for ingestion. They must be taken after a meal, pre-grind and dissolved in ¼ cup of warm water.
The dosage of the drug - 3 times a day, 1-2 tablets. The duration of therapy is 1-2 months. Perhaps repeated courses of treatment on the recommendation of the attending physician.
With the use of Vikalin there may be side effects in the form of allergic reactions and an increase in stool.
When applying Vikalina should be borne in mind that:
- With prolonged use of high doses of the drug may develop encephalopathy, which is associated with the accumulation of bismuth in the central nervous system;
- Care should be taken when driving and other mechanisms, as well as when performing potentially hazardous activities that require psychomotor speed and increased concentration of attention;
- Feces may turn black or dark green;
- At reception of Vikalin along with antibiotics of a tetracycline row their absorption is reduced;
- When taking the drug simultaneously with other drugs containing bismuth, the level of bismuth in the blood increases.
Vikalin has no structural analogues.
Terms and conditions of storage
Vikalin stored in places not accessible to children, at a temperature not higher than 25 °, not more than five years.