Vibrocil refers to the group of vasoconstrictor and antiallergic drugs, which are used as local remedies for ENT diseases.
Release form and composition
Vibrocil is produced in the form of a nasal spray, drops and gel.
Spray and nasal drops are a clear solution, with no color or with a slightly yellowish tinge and the characteristic smell of lavender.
The composition of 1 ml of solution includes:
- 2.5 mg phenylephrine;
- 250 μg dimetindena maleate;
- Auxiliary components: sodium hydrophosphate, 50% solution of benzalkonium chloride, citric acid monohydrate, sorbitol, lavender oil, purified water.
Gel Vibrocil is a homogeneous (homogeneous) substance with no color or with a slightly yellowish tinge and a faint characteristic lavender fragrance. The mass is free from extraneous mechanical impurities.
1 gram of gel contains
- 2.5 mg phenylephrine;
- 250 μg dimetindena maleate;
- Additional components: anhydrous sodium hydrogen phosphate, 50% solution of benzalkonium chloride, sorbitol, citric acid monohydrate, lavender oil, purified water and hypromellose.
- In the form of a spray - 10 ml in plastic bottles with a spray;
- In the form of drops - 15 ml in dark glass bottles with a cap-pipette;
- In the form of a gel - 12 g in aluminum tubes with a tip.
Indications for use
As indicated in the instructions for Vibrocil, the use of the drug is indicated for:
- Acute rhinitis (acute inflammatory process affecting the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, including with colds);
- Chronic rhinitis;
- Vasomotor rhinitis (narrowing of the nasal cavity due to dysfunction of the mechanisms regulating the tone of the blood vessels located in it);
- Allergic rhinitis (allergic rhinitis of the nature; including with pollinosis);
- Acute or chronic sinusitis (inflammatory lesion of the paranasal paranasal sinuses).
Vibrocil can also be used as a supplement to the main therapy for inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media).
In addition, the drug is prescribed in preparing the patient for surgery in the nasal area, as well as immediately after surgery (to reduce the swelling of the nasal mucosa and paranasal sinuses).
The use of Vibrocil is contraindicated in:
- Atrophic rhinitis (a disease that is characterized by atrophy of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity and nerve endings in it, as well as the appearance of green, offensive crusts in the nose);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
The instructions for Vibrocilia indicate that it is prohibited to prescribe a drug in combination with monoamine oxidase inhibitors, as well as for the next two weeks after discontinuing their use.
Nasal spray and gel is not prescribed to children under 6 years of age.
With caution Vibrocil prescribed:
- In diseases of the heart and blood vessels (for example, arrhythmias, generalized atherosclerotic lesion of the walls of blood vessels, arterial hypertension);
- With endocrine diseases caused by thyroid dysfunction;
- Men with prostate adenoma;
- In juvenile diabetes;
- Patients whose sympathomimetic use is accompanied by insomnia and dizziness.
Dosing and Administration
Before introducing the medication, the nasal cavity should be well cleaned.
Dosing regimen of drops depends on the age of the patient. So, for children up to 12 months, a single dose of Vibrocil is 1 drop in each nasal passage, children from 1 to 6 years old are given 1-2 drops of the solution, adults and children over 6 years old - 3-4 drops.
In order to achieve the desired effect of treatment, you should throw your head back before instillation. In this position it is necessary to remain within a few minutes after the procedure. The frequency of use of Vibrocil - 3-4 times a day. Infants should be instilled before feeding.
When using the drug in the form of a spray, all patients over the age of 6 years should be given three or four times a day, 1-2 injections into each nasal passage. The bottle should be in an upright position. Holding the head straight, it is necessary to insert the tip into the nostril, after which in one short sharp movement press the nebulizer and, after removing it from the nose, release it. It is recommended to inhale through the nose during the injection of the solution.
In the form of a gel, the drug is administered as deeply as possible into each nasal passage three or four times during the day. The use of Vibrocyl immediately before bedtime relieves nasal congestion for the whole night.
Self-treatment with this drug is allowed for 7 days. If during this time, improvement is not observed, you should consult a doctor.
In most cases, Vibrocil is well tolerated. Sometimes patients complain of local adverse reactions, which are expressed as a slight and reversible burning sensation of the nasal mucosa, as well as dryness in the nose.
In the case of long-term treatment (14 days or more in a row) or regular exceeding the recommended dose of Vibrocil there is a risk of developing tachyphylaxis, medical rhinitis, a systemic vasoconstrictor effect.
The use of the gel is advisable in the presence of crusts in the nasal cavity, with increased dryness of the mucous membrane, after suffering a nasal injury, as well as to relieve congestion during the night of sleep.
Since Vibrocil may have a systemic vasoconstrictor effect, it is not recommended for pregnant women, as well as during lactation.
The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions.
Analogues of drugs are: Adrianol, Xymelin Extra, Nasik spray, Rinofluimucil, Orinol Plus, Sept.Nazal, Rinopront.
Terms and conditions of storage
Vibrocil - over-the-counter medicine. Store it at room temperature. Expiration date of drops and gel - 3 years, spray - 2 years.