Vetoron is a multivitamin preparation to strengthen the immune system.
Release form and composition
Veteron is produced in the form of drops for oral administration, which include ascorbic acid, tocopherol acetate, beta-carotene.
Purified water, sorbic acid, cremophor RH-40 were used as auxiliary substances in the preparation.
The drug is available in vials of 15, 20, 25, 50, 60 and 100 ml, equipped with droppers.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Vetoron applies:
- In order to prevent a deficiency of vitamins A, E, C with defective and unbalanced and nutrition, excessive intellectual and stress, after past infectious diseases;
- As part of complex treatment of conditions that are associated with an increased need of the body for vitamins A, E, C (inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract, colds, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (malabsorption, gastritis, gastroduodenitis), visual fatigue syndrome).
According to the instructions, Vetoron does not apply:
- With a high sensitivity of the body to the components of a multivitamin preparation;
- At the age of 7 years (for younger patients Vetoron is used for children);
- When hypervitaminosis A.
Dosing and Administration
Vetoron drops are intended for oral administration.
The drug is taken once a day during the meal, dissolved drops in any drink or water.
- For the prevention of deficiency of vitamins A, E, C - children 7-14 years old - four drops; pregnant and lactating women - 7 drops each; adults and children over 14 years old - 6 drops each;
- With complex treatment of conditions that are associated with an increased need of the body for vitamins A, E, C - for children 7-14 years old - 8 drops each; pregnant and lactating women, adults and children over 14 years old - 12 drops each.
The duration of the course taking the drug is 2-4 weeks. On the recommendation of the doctor, the duration of the course can be increased to 3-6 months.
With the use of veterone, adverse reactions may be predominantly allergic, due to the increased sensitivity of the organism to the drug.
When applying Vetoron should be borne in mind that:
- The drug is not recommended to be taken with other multivitamin means;
- An overdose of the drug is manifested by signs of carotenoids (orange or yellow skin pigmentation, especially on the central part of the face, palms and soles). These symptoms disappear after discontinuation of veteron. Treatment of drug overdose consists in washing the stomach, followed by taking activated carbon and symptomatic therapy;
- Neomycin, calcium supplements, Kolestiramine, high doses of vitamin E reduce the absorption of beta-carotene.
Analogues of Vetoron are many multivitamin preparations containing the same basic components.
Terms and conditions of storage
Veteron is stored at a temperature of 4-25 ° in a dark place with limited access for children no more than three years.