Versatis - anesthetic plaster.
Release form and composition
Versatis is produced in the form of a plaster (polymer-bonded mass distributed over non-woven material, covered with a plastic film), the main active ingredient of which is lidocaine.
The following substances were used as auxiliary substances in the preparation: glycerol, purified water, sorbitol, sodium polyacrylate, a software application, sodium acrylic acid, kaolin, propylene glycol, urea, gelatin, tartaric acid, polyvinyl alcohol, aluminum dihydroxyaminoacetate, edetate disodium, propyl parahydrate, edetate disodium, propyl parahydride, pyridine, pyrophosphate, pyrophosphate, sodium glycol
The plaster Versatis is available in a width of 9.5-10.5 cm and a length of 13.3-14.7 cm in a sachet of 5.10 and 30 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions Versatis applies when:
- Pain syndrome with vertebral lesions;
- Postherpetic neuralgia.
According to the instructions Versatis does not apply when:
- Increased patient sensitivity to lidocaine and other components of the patch;
- The presence of open wounds and other skin lesions at the site of application of the patch.
Dosing and Administration
The plaster Versatis is intended for external use. It sticks to the pain area once a day for 12 hours. Before gluing the patch, you must inspect the skin - it must be dry and non-inflamed.
It is possible to use at the same time no more than 3 analgesic patches. The plaster can be cut if necessary. The interval between the use of Versatis is at least 12 hours.
The effectiveness of Versatis treatment should be re-evaluated after 14-28 days from the moment of its beginning. In the event that the response to treatment is insufficient or the therapeutic effect is determined only by the protective properties of the drug, the therapy is stopped. The effectiveness of Versatis should be assessed regularly to determine the optimal number of simultaneously applied patches or to increase the time between applications.
When Versatis is used, adverse reactions may develop in the form of allergic contact dermatitis (urticaria, hyperemia at the site of application, skin rash, itching), angioedema, burning sensation in the application area.
When applying Versatis should be borne in mind that:
- The patch is not recommended for use under the age of 18;
- If necessary, sticking the plaster on the skin covered with hair, hair is cut with scissors (do not shave);
- The patch should be glued immediately after removing the protective plastic film;
- Hands should not be allowed to contact the eyes immediately after the patch has been glued;
- The used plaster should be folded sticky side inward and disposed of;
- Although an overdose of Versatis is unlikely, it is assumed that its symptoms may be similar to those after using lidocaine as a local anesthetic;
- The drug is used cautiously simultaneously with class I antiarrhythmic drugs and other local anesthetics;
- The drug is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation;
- Versatis is used with caution in acute diseases, elderly and debilitated patients;
- In chronic renal failure, accumulation of metabolites may occur. In this case acidification of urine will promote removal of lidocaine.
Analogs of Versatis are the drugs: Helikain, Dineksan, Xylocaine, Xycaine, Licain, Luan Lidocaine hydrochloride.
Terms and conditions of storage
The plaster Versatis is stored at a temperature of not more than 25 ° in places with limited access for children and animals, not more than three years.