Venoruton is a drug with angioprotective and venotonic action.
Release form and composition
Venoruton is available in the form of capsules and gel, the main active ingredients of which are hydroxyethyl ruthozides.
As excipients in the preparation used:
- Capsules - gelatin, macrogol, titanium dioxide, iron yellow dye;
- Gel - disodium EDTA, carbomer, sodium hydroxide, benzalkonium chloride, purified water.
Venoruton capsules are available in blisters of 20 and 50 pieces per pack, gel - in aluminum tubes of 40 and 100 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Venoruton capsules are used for:
- Chronic venous insufficiency;
- Post-phlebitic syndrome;
- Hemorrhoids (with pain, exudation, bleeding and itching);
- Trophic disorders on the background of varicose disease;
- Lymphostasis after sclerotherapy and removal of varicose nodes as a means of adjuvant therapy;
- Trophic ulcers;
- Venous insufficiency and hemorrhoids during pregnancy (from the second trimester);
- Retinopathy in patients with diabetes mellitus, with atherosclerosis and arterial hypertension as a means of adjuvant therapy.
Venorut Gel is used for:
- Feeling of heaviness and pain in the legs, swelling of the ankles;
- Pain after sclerotherapy;
- Pain and swelling in the lower limbs caused by chronic venous insufficiency;
- Pain and swelling of the lower extremities against the background of their injury (with sprains, bruises, ligament damage).
According to the instructions, Venoruton is not used when the patient's body is highly sensitive to the components of the drug, as well as in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
Venoruton capsules are intended for oral administration, gel - for external use.
Capsules are taken during a meal 3 times a day, 300 mg (at the beginning of therapy). After reducing the severity of symptoms (usually after 2 weeks), you can reduce the dosage to the minimum maintenance (600 mg per day), or take the drug in the previous dosage, or suspend treatment.
Capsules must be swallowed whole with water.
In diabetic retinopathy, atherosclerosis, arterial hypertension, Venoruton is taken 2-3 capsules 2-3 times a day, but not more than 3000 mg per day, for 2 months.
With lymphostasis (simultaneously with the bandaging of elastic bandages), after sclerotherapy of the veins, removal of varicose nodes, the drug is taken 2 times a day (3 capsules in the morning and 4 in the evening) for six months.
When hemorrhoids Venoruton take 1 capsule 2-3 times a day for 4 weeks.
Venoruton gel is applied in the morning and in the evening to the affected area, rubbing easily until completely absorbed. The gel can also be applied under elastic stockings or bandages.
In order to maintain the result during the year, it is necessary to conduct 2 courses of treatment with Venoruton.
When using Venoruton, certain adverse reactions may develop:
- Digestive tract: heartburn, diarrhea, nausea;
- Allergic reactions: rash on the skin;
- Other: flushing of the face, headache;
- Local reactions: reactions on the skin, caused by hypersensitivity to the drug.
When applying Venoruton should be borne in mind that:
- Ascorbic acid enhances the effect of the capsules of the drug;
- If during the treatment with the drug the symptoms of the disease do not decrease, it is recommended to specify the diagnosis.
Analogues of Venoruton are drugs: Traksivazin, Antistaks, Rutozid, Rutin, Rus DN.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug must be stored at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° in places not accessible to children for 5 years (gel) and 3 years (capsules).