Vazonit - angioprotector, a drug that improves microcirculation.
Release form and composition
Make Vazonit tablets of prolonged action. 1 tablet contains the active substance pentoxifylline in the amount of 600 mg. Auxiliary substances of the drug are microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, crospovidone, macrogol 6000, titanium dioxide, polyacrylic acid, talc.
In blister packs of 10 tablets.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Vazonit prescribed for:
- Peripheral circulatory disorders resulting from inflammatory, diabetic, atherosclerotic diseases (including diabetic angiopathy, obliterating endarteritis, intermittent claudication against the background of atherosclerosis);
- Disorders of cerebral circulation ischemic genesis of acute and chronic nature;
- Treatment of symptoms resulting from cerebral circulatory disorders of atherosclerotic origin (dizziness, impaired concentration, memory impairment);
- Dyscirculatory and atherosclerotic encephalopathy, angioneuropathy (Raynaud's disease, paresthesias);
- Circulatory disorders of the eye (chronic or acute circulatory failure in the vascular or retinal membrane of the eye);
- Trophic tissue disorders caused by malfunction of the venous or arterial microcirculation (trophic ulcers, postthrombotic syndrome, frostbite, gangrene);
- Impaired function of the middle ear of vascular origin, accompanied by hearing impairment.
According to the instructions, Vazonit prohibited to use when:
- Heavy bleeding;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Retinal hemorrhage;
- Acute hemorrhagic stroke;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Under the age of 18;
- Hypersensitivity to the active, auxiliary components of the drug, as well as other methylxanthine derivatives.
Vazonit prescribed with caution when:
- Atherosclerosis of the coronary or cerebral vessels;
- Heart rhythm disorders;
- Gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- Severe renal and / or liver failure;
- Use of anticoagulants;
- Violation of the blood coagulation system (increases the risk of severe bleeding).
Dosing and Administration
The use of Vazonita is carried out, as a rule, in a dosage of 600 mg (1 tablet) twice a day. The maximum daily dose is 1200 mg (2 tablets).
The duration of therapy is determined individually by the attending physician, depending on the clinical picture of the disease and the effectiveness of therapy.
Tablets Vazonit taken orally, after eating, squeezed enough liquid.
The use of Vazonita can cause the following side effects:
- Central nervous system: anxiety, dizziness, convulsions, headache, sleep disorders. Cases of the development of aseptic meningitis have been observed;
- Digestive system: nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, dry mouth, pressure on the stomach, intestinal atony, cholestatic hepatitis, exacerbation of cholecystitis, increased activity of liver enzymes, epigastric pain;
- Skin and subcutaneous fat: edema, flushing of the skin of the face, increased fragility of the nails, flushing of blood on the skin of the face and upper chest;
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, arrhythmia, lowering blood pressure, cardialgia, progression of angina pectoris;
- Organs of vision: visual impairment, scotoma;
- Hematopoietic system: bleeding (from the intestines, vessels of the stomach, skin and mucous membranes), leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia, hypofibrinogenemia, pancytopenia;
- Allergies: urticaria, skin itching, angioedema, skin flushing, anaphylactic shock.
In case of an overdose of Vazonita, symptoms such as redness of the skin, tachycardia, fever, loss of consciousness, drowsiness, and reflection may develop. Gastrointestinal bleeding, tonic-clonic convulsions are also not excluded.
In case of overdose, the patient needs to do a gastric lavage and allow the adsorbents to be taken. If vomiting with traces of blood is observed, gastric lavage cannot be done. Further treatment is symptomatic and aims to maintain blood pressure and respiratory function. With convulsions, the appointment of diazepam is advisable.
In the event of hemorrhage in the retina of the eye as a result of the use of Vazonita should immediately stop taking it.
Blood pressure should be monitored during drug therapy. In case of diabetes mellitus and taking hypoglycemic agents Vazonit in high doses can cause the development of hypoglycemia.
With simultaneous use of Vazonita and anticoagulants should be monitored for indicators of blood coagulation.
Patients who have recently undergone surgery and who have been prescribed Vazonit should be systematically monitored for hematocrit and hemoglobin.
Smoking reduces the therapeutic efficacy of Vazonita. Also during treatment should not consume alcoholic beverages.
As Vazonit can cause dizziness, it is recommended to be careful at managements of potentially dangerous mechanisms demanding the increased concentration of attention.
Structural analogues of Vazonita and drugs that have similar pharmacological effects are:
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Vazonit must be stored at a low temperature, in a dry and protected from sunlight place inaccessible to children. The shelf life of the drug is 5 years.