Vazocardin is a beta 1 -adrenoblocker with antihypertensive properties, which also has antianginal and antiarrhythmic effects.
Release form and composition
Vazokardin is issued in the form of round flat tablets of white color with a creamy shade, containing:
- 50 or 100 mg of metoprolol tartrate;
- The following excipients: silicon dioxide, methylated, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium carboxymethyl starch, corn starch, calcium stearate, povidone K25 and microcrystalline cellulose.
Implemented tablets of 10 pcs. in blisters, 2 or 5 pcs. in a carton box.
Also available tablets of prolonged action Vazokardin Retard, containing:
- 200 mg of metoprolol tartrate;
- Auxiliary components: colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, glycerol tribegenate, sodium stearyl fumarate, polyvidone 25, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, and hydrogenated cotton oil.
These tablets are sold in 10 pieces. in blisters, 3, 5 or 10 pcs. packaged.
Indications for use
According to the instructions to Vazokardin, this drug is intended for:
- Treatment of arterial hypertension, including as part of complex therapy simultaneously with other antihypertensive agents;
- Comprehensive treatment and secondary prevention of myocardial infarction in patients with coronary heart disease;
- Elimination of functional disorders of the heart, accompanied by tachycardia;
- Prevention of angina attacks in patients with coronary heart disease;
- Elimination of cardiac arrhythmias, such as ventricular premature beats and supraventricular tachycardia;
- Treatment of hyperthyroidism (as part of complex therapy);
- Prevention of migraine attacks.
As indicated in the instructions for Vazokardin, the use of the drug is contraindicated in patients with:
- Syndrome of weakness of the sinus node;
- AV-blockade II and III degrees (without artificial pacemaker);
- Sinoatrial blockade;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Sinus bradycardia (if heart rate is less than 50 beats per minute);
- Prinzmetal angina pectoris;
- Chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation;
- Acute myocardial infarction (with systolic blood pressure up to 100 mm Hg, heart rate less than 45 beats in the mini and PQ interval of more than 0.25 seconds);
- Hypotension (in the case when the use of Vazokardin is indicated for the secondary prevention of myocardial infarction, and the patient has a heart rate less than 45 beats / minute, systolic blood pressure is less than 100 mm Hg);
- Pheochromocytoma without the simultaneous appointment of alpha-blockers;
- Hereditary diseases such as lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Severe peripheral circulatory disorders.
In addition, the use of Vazokardina contraindicated:
- In case of hypersensitivity to metoprolol, any auxiliary component of the drug or another beta-blocker;
- Children and adolescents under 18 years old (since the safety of taking the medicine in this age group of patients has not been established);
- Simultaneously with MAO inhibitors;
- If necessary, the introduction of calcium channel blockers by the type of verapamil;
- Breastfeeding women.
Vazokardin is prescribed, but with special care to elderly people, as well as patients with:
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Abnormal liver function;
- AV blockade I degree;
- Depression, including in the anamnesis;
- Impaired renal function (with CC less than 40 ml per minute);
- A history of indications of allergic reactions (because there is a risk of weighting hypertension, increasing sensitivity to allergens, reducing the therapeutic response to adrenaline);
- Bronchial asthma;
- Obliterating peripheral vascular diseases, including Raynaud's syndrome and intermittent claudication;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Dosing and Administration
In case of arterial hypertension, Vasocardine is started to be taken with 50-100 mg for one or two (morning and evening) intakes. In case of insufficiency of the therapeutic effect, the dose is gradually increased, respectively, to 100 or 200 mg per day or in addition, another antihypertensive agent is prescribed.
In other cases, Vazokardin take:
- For arrhythmias, angina, as well as for the prevention of migraine attacks - 50-100 mg twice a day;
- For the purpose of secondary prevention of myocardial infarction, about 100 mg twice a day;
- When functional disorders of the heart activity - 50 mg twice a day;
- With hyperthyroidism - in a daily dose of 150-200 mg for 3-4 doses.
Patients with severe impaired function, the allowable dosage of the drug is determined based on the clinical condition.
Vazokardin is recommended to be accepted during food or right after meal. If necessary, the pill can be done in half, but you need to swallow it whole, without chewing and drinking plenty of water.
Vazokardin Retard should be taken 200 mg (1 tablet) per day, preferably at the same time every day. If necessary, raise the dose to 400 mg.
The most common side effects of the drug are:
- A pronounced decrease in blood pressure, sinus bradycardia, orthostatic hypotension;
- Fatigue, headache, slow reaction rate, weakness;
- Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, constipation / diarrhea;
- Dry and sore eyes, decreased vision and hearing, tinnitus, conjunctivitis;
- Allergic reactions;
- Hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, hypothyroid states;
- Weight gain;
- Withdrawal syndrome - in case of abrupt termination of treatment
Structural analogues of Vazokardin are drugs: Betalok, Corvitol, Lidalok, Metozok, Metocard, Metocor, Metoprolol, Serdol, Egilok.
Terms and conditions of storage
From pharmacies Vazokardin prescription. Its shelf life is 3 years if it is stored in a dry place, protected from sunlight.