IFN-EU-Lipint is an immunomodulatory agent with antiviral activity.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of the drug is a lyophilisate for the preparation of an oral suspension, which is a powder or porous mass of white or with a yellowish tint of color; it is possible to completely or partially exfoliate the mass from the walls of the bottle, which forms a tablet-like structure (in glass bottles, in a cardboard bundle one bottle; 3 or 5 bottles in blister packs, 1 or 2 packs in a cardboard pack).
The active substance of the drug is interferon alpha-2b human recombinant: in 1 vial - 250 thousand IU, 500 thousand IU or 1 million IU.
Additional components: sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, lipoid C100 or lecithin, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, tocopherol (vitamin E), cholesterol, lactose, sodium chloride.
Indications for use
As part of the complex therapy Reaferon-EC-Lipint is prescribed for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Atopic diseases, bronchial asthma, allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (when conducting specific immunological therapy);
- Chronic hepatitis B in a replicative form (both inactive and active);
- Chronic hepatitis B, accompanied by glomerulonephritis;
- Acute hepatitis B;
- Urogenital chlamydial infections in adults.
Reaferon-EC-Lipint is also used for the treatment and prevention of acute respiratory infections (ARD) and influenza in adults and children.
The drug is strictly contraindicated in patients with severe allergic diseases.
Should not be prescribed to pregnant women.
Dosing and Administration
IFN-EC-Lipint is intended for oral administration. A suspension is prepared from the lyophilisate immediately before administration. To do this, add 1-2 ml of water (distilled or boiled, cooled to room temperature) to the vial. Then for 1-5 minutes, the vial is thoroughly shaken until a homogeneous suspension is formed.
In acute hepatitis B, the drug should be taken 30 minutes before a meal. Recommended doses:
- Adults and children of school age - 1 million IU 2 times a day for 10 days;
- Children 3-7 years old - 500 thousand IU 1 time per day for 10 days or for a longer period after control blood tests (until complete clinical recovery).
In chronic hepatitis B, the drug should be taken 30 minutes before a meal, according to this scheme:
- Adults and children of school age - 1 million IU 2 times a day for 10 days, then for another 1 month - 1 time per night every other day;
- Children 3-7 years old - 500 thousand IU 2 times a day for 10 days, then for another 1 month - 1 time for a night every other day.
When conducting specific immunotherapy Reaferon-EC-Lipint should be taken in the morning 30 minutes after a meal. Recommended doses for adults depending on the indications:
- Allergic rhinoconjunctivitis - 500 thousand IU once a day for 10 days. The total dose rate is 5 million IU;
- Atopic bronchial asthma - 500 thousand IU once a day for 10 days, then for another 20 days - 500 thousand IU every other day. The total duration of treatment is 30 days.
In the treatment of urogenital infections in adults, Reaferon-EC-Lipint is prescribed as part of a combination therapy of 500 thousand IU 2 times a day. Course duration - 10 days.
Recommended single doses for the treatment of acute respiratory infections and flu:
- Adults and children over 15 years old - 500 thousand IU;
- Children 3-15 years old - 250 thousand IU.
Reception frequency - 2 times a day. The course of treatment is 3 days.
For the prevention of acute respiratory infections and flu, the drug should be taken 30 minutes before a meal in the following doses:
- Adults and children over 15 years old - 500 thousand IU twice a week;
- Children 3-15 years old - 250 thousand IU 2 times a week.
It is recommended to take the drug within 1 month during the seasonal peak incidence.
When taking Reaferon-EC-Lipinta in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor, he has no side effects.
Recombinant interferon, which is the active ingredient Reaferon-EU-Lipinta, when parenteral use causes flu-like side effects, so it should be used with caution in patients with hypersensitivity to interferon.
During treatment should refrain from the use of alcoholic beverages.
It is recommended to avoid administering Reaferon-EC-Lipinta simultaneously with drugs that suppress the central nervous system and immunosuppressive drugs, including systemic-acting corticosteroids.
Interferon alpha-2b can reduce the activity of cytochrome P450 isoenzymes, therefore, with simultaneous use, it can affect the metabolism of diazepam, theophylline, cimetidine, dipyridamole, phenytoin, propranolol, warfarin, some cytostatics.
Reaferon-EC-Lipint may enhance the cardiotoxic, neurotoxic and myelotoxic effects of drugs used previously or simultaneously with it.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store and transport in the dark place at a temperature no higher than 8 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 1 year.