Nicotinamide is a vitamin remedy, similar in structure to nicotinic acid.
Release form and composition
- Tablets 5 and 25 mg (in a package of 50 pcs.);
- Solution for injection (1% and 2.5% - in ampoules 1 ml; 5% - in ampoules 2 ml, in a package 10 ampoules);
- Substance-powder for pharmacies and hospitals (1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 50 kg in bags and plastic bags, in the drum 1 package; 5, 10, 15 or 20 kg in plastic bags).
The active ingredient of the vitamin is nicotinamide.
Indications for use
- Chronic colitis;
- Gastritis with low acidity;
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- Liver disease;
- Cirrhosis of the liver;
- Sluggish ulcers and wounds;
- Pellagra (PP vitamin deficiency);
- Heart Disease.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Severe hypertension;
- Angina pectoris
Dosing and Administration
In tablets, nicotinamide should be taken orally after meals.
For therapeutic purposes, the dose of the drug is set individually, depending on the severity of PP beriberi, for prophylactic purposes - in accordance with the daily requirement.
Recommended doses for pellagra:
- Treatment: adults - 50-100 mg 3-4 times a day, children - 10-50 mg 2-3 times a day. The course is 15-20 days;
- Prevention: adults - 15-25 mg, children - 5-10 mg 1-2 times a day.
For other indications, adults recommended dose in the range of 20 to 50 mg, for children - 5-10 mg with a dose rate of 2-3 times a day.
Nicotinamide solution is administered intramuscularly, intravenously or subcutaneously at a rate of no more than 2 mg / minute, 1-2 ml 1-2 times per day.
When administered intravenously, in rare cases, allergic reactions are manifested, manifested by skin rash, itching, and stiloric breathing.
When taking Nicotinamide orally in high doses possible: dry skin and mucous membrane of the eyes, debilitating pruritus, dizziness, diarrhea, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, hyperuricemia, thirst, myalgia, nausea, vomiting, peptic ulcer, arrhythmia.
Long-term treatment can lead to the development of fatty liver and cholestasis.
Washing down the tablets with milk can reduce the irritant effect of nicotinamide on the mucous membrane of the digestive tract.
Nicotinamide should not be used as a hypolipidemic agent.
During therapy, liver function should be monitored. In order to prevent the development of fatty dystrophy, it is recommended that diet food, including methionine-rich foods, or methionine and / or other lipotropic drugs.
For the prevention of hypovitaminosis PP, a balanced diet is more preferable than the use of drugs.
Data on the interaction of Nicotinamide with other drugs are not provided.
Terms and conditions of storage
Protect from light and moisture. Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºC.
Shelf life of tablets and solution - 3 years, the substance-powder - 5 years.