Neovir is an immunostimulating agent.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of a solution for intramuscular injection: greenish-yellow, transparent (2 ml in dark glass ampoules, 5 ampoules per cell contour packaging, in a carton pack 1 package).
The active substance is sodium oxodihydroacridinyl acetate: in 1 ml of solution - 125 mg.
Auxiliary components: sodium citrate, water for injection, citric acid.
Indications for use
- Venereal lymphogranuloma;
- Urethritis, cervicitis, epididymitis, salpingitis and prostatitis of chlamydial etiology;
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Radiation immunodeficiency;
- Candidiasis of the skin and mucous membranes;
- Viral etiology encephalitis and encephalomyelitis;
- Chronic and acute hepatitis B and C;
- Cytomegalovirus infection in patients with immunodeficiency;
- Infections caused by the herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2 and the Varicella zoster virus (including in patients with impaired immune systems);
- Oncological diseases;
- Treatment of HIV infection.
In addition, Neovir is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of influenza and other acute respiratory diseases, including in patients with immunodeficiency states.
- Autoimmune diseases;
- Severe renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / minute);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Neovir should be used with caution in the treatment of elderly patients.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is intended for intramuscular administration.
Adult patients are usually prescribed 1 ampoule (250 mg sodium oxodihydroacridinyl acetate; or 4-6 mg / kg), if necessary, increase the dose to 500 mg. Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, the course of treatment consists of 5-7 injections with an interval of 48 hours and lasts 8-12 days. The total dose rate depends on the type of disease and its clinical picture.
With prophylactic use and long-term treatment, Neovir is administered 1 time in 3-7 days.
For the treatment of HIV infections, the drug is used as part of complex therapy. The course of treatment consists of 10 injections at 48-hour intervals, followed by a 2-month break. The number of repeated courses is not limited.
- Local reactions: local rapid passing pain at the site of injection;
- General reactions: allergic reactions, subfebrile temperature.
In case of pain or poor tolerance, Neovir can be administered together with a 0.25-0.5% solution of novocaine (2 ml).
The clouding of the solution Neovir to a milky-white color indicates non-compliance with storage conditions. To use such a drug is prohibited.
Cases of potentiation of the action or incompatibility of Neovir with other drugs during the research and clinical use of the drug were not registered.
Information on the physico-chemical incompatibility of sodium oxodihydroacridinyl acetate with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-25 ºС in a place protected from light and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.