Neotone is a drug with metabolic, cardioprotective, membrane-stabilizing, anti-arrhythmic action.
Release form and composition
Neotone is available in the form of white granules (powder) for the preparation of a solution for infusion (in bottles of 1 g, 1 or 4 bottles in a carton box).
1 vial contains the active ingredient: sodium phosphoric creta tetrahydrate - 1 g.
Indications for use
The neon in the combined treatment prescribed for the following diseases:
- Heart failure (with chronic course);
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Intraoperative ischemia of the lower extremities and myocardium.
In sports medicine, the drug is used to prevent physical overvoltage syndrome (acute and chronic), as well as in athletes in order to improve adaptation to high physical exertion.
- Chronic renal failure (when used in a daily dose of 5 to 10 g);
- Age up to 18 years (the safety and efficacy of therapy for this age group of patients have not been studied);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
During pregnancy, Neoton can be prescribed only after assessing the benefit / risk ratio for the mother and fetus. During lactation at the time of therapy, breastfeeding should be interrupted.
Dosing and Administration
The solution prepared from powder is administered only intravenously or in the form of a quick infusion.
It is recommended to use the following dosing regimen:
- Acute myocardial infarction: on the first day - intravenous fast infusion of Neoton in a dose of 2-4 g (the drug is diluted with water for injection in a volume of 0.05 l) followed by intravenous infusion over 2 hours 8-16 g of powder in 0.2 l 5 % glucose / dextrose solution; on the second day, 2–4 g of Neotone is administered intravenously (2 times per hour) intravenously (IV infusion) (the preparation is diluted with water for injection in a volume of 0.05 l); on the third day of therapy, the solution is administered according to the same regimen at a dose of 2 g (if necessary, therapy is continued for 6 days);
- Heart failure (with chronic course): therapy can be started with shock doses - 5-10 g of Neoton in 0.2 l of 5% dextrose / glucose solution intravenously, injection rate - 4-5 g per hour, duration of therapy - from 3 up to 5 days. Further, maintenance doses are prescribed - intravenously drip (duration of infusion - from 1/2 hour) 1-2 g of powder in water for injection in a volume of 0.05 l, with a frequency of 2 times a day, the average duration of treatment is from 2 to 6 weeks . If the condition of the patient allows, therapy immediately begins with the use of maintenance doses as described above;
- Intraoperative ischemia of the lower extremities: before surgery - fast infusion of 2-4 g of powder in water for injection in a volume of 0.05 l; during the operation and during the reperfusion period, intravenously 8-10 g of Neotone in 0.2 l of 5% glucose / dextrose solution are administered intravenously at a speed of 4 to 5 g per hour;
- Intraoperative myocardial ischemia: intravenous drip (duration of infusion - from 1/2 hour) 2 g of powder, diluted in water for injection in a volume of 0.05 l, with a frequency of administration 2 times a day. The course should be started 3-5 days before the surgery and continue 1-2 days after it. During the operation, Neoton solution must be added to the composition of a conventional cardioplegic solution (concentration - 10 mmol / l) or immediately before the introduction (dose - 2.5 g / l).
In sports medicine (according to the indications listed above) Neotone is administered intravenously drip (duration of infusion - from 1/2 hour) 1 g per day in water for injection in a volume of 0.05 l. Course duration - from 3 to 4 weeks.
During the period of Neoton therapy, the following side effects may occur:
- Allergic reactions: hypersensitivity reactions to the active substance of the drug;
- Cardiovascular system: a decrease in blood pressure (usually with rapid intravenous administration).
To ensure a more favorable prognosis, the drug is recommended to be administered as early as possible after the onset of ischemia.
It should be borne in mind that the use of high doses of Neoton (from 5 to 10 g per day) is accompanied by increased phosphate uptake in the kidneys, which affects kidney function, secretion of hormones that regulate homeostasis, calcium and purine metabolism. In this regard, prolonged therapy with high doses is not recommended.
Neotone when used in combination with antiarrhythmic, antianginal drugs and drugs with a positive inotropic effect increases their effectiveness.
The active substance Neoton maintains stability in cardioplegic solutions, 5% glucose / dextrose solution, water for injection.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.