Neosmectin is an antidiarrheal drug with an adsorbing effect.
Release form and composition
Neosmectin is produced in the form of a powder for the preparation of a suspension for oral administration (vanilla, lemon, raspberry or orange): from grayish or yellowish-white to brownish or grayish-yellow, with a vanilla odor; the prepared suspension has a powder color and an odor corresponding to the flavoring (in bags of 3.76 g, 10 or 30 bags in a cardboard box (vanilla), 1, 3, 5, 10, 20 or 30 bags in a cardboard box or plastic bags ( lemon), 10 packets of a cardboard bundle (raspberry and orange)).
The structure of 1 package includes:
- Active ingredient: Dioctahedral smectite - 3000 mg;
- Auxiliary components (vanilla / lemon / raspberry / orange): dextrose monohydrate (glucose monohydrate) - 749/726/726/726 mg; sodium saccharin (sodium saccharin) - 7/7/7/7 mg; vanillin - 4/4/4/4 mg; lemon flavor - 0/23/0/0 mg; raspberry flavoring - 0/0/23/0 mg; orange flavoring - 0/0/0/23 mg.
Indications for use
- Diarrhea (drug, allergic origin; associated with a violation of the qualitative composition of food and diet);
- Diarrhea infectious genesis (concurrently with other drugs);
- Diseases of the intestine and stomach (symptomatic treatment of heartburn, feelings of heaviness, discomfort and swelling in the abdomen).
- Intestinal obstruction;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Patients with diabetes Neosmectin should be used with caution (due to the presence of dextrose in the composition of the drug).
There are no data on the safety of the drug use by nursing and pregnant women.
Dosing and Administration
Neosmectin is taken orally.
Adults and children from 12 years old should be prescribed 1 sachet (3 g) 3 times a day. Before taking the contents of 1 sachet must be dissolved in 100 ml of water, and the powder should be poured gradually, stirring evenly.
Children are recommended to use the following dosing regimens:
- Up to 1 year: 1 sachet per day;
- 1-2 years: 2 sachets per day;
- 2-12 years: 2-3 sachets per day.
The daily dose should be distributed throughout the day for 3-4 doses. Before taking the contents of 1 sachet must be dissolved in 50 ml of liquid.
During the use of Neosmectin, side effects such as constipation (intestinal function, as a rule, is restored by lowering the dose of the drug), allergic reactions.
1 sachet of Neosmectin contains 0.06 XE (bread units).
For young children, the contents of 1 packet must be dissolved in a baby bottle (50 ml), distributed throughout the day into several doses, or mixed with some semi-liquid product (compote, mashed potatoes, cereal, baby food).
The interval between taking Neosmectin and other drugs should be 1-2 hours.
If the single dose is less than 1 sachet, the unused prepared suspension can be stored at 2-8 ° C in a refrigerator in a closed container for up to 16 hours. The suspension before each reception must be thoroughly shaken.
Neosmectin reduces the degree and rate of absorption of simultaneously taken drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 4 years.