Neo-Penotran - a drug for local use in gynecology, which has antifungal, antiprotozoal and antibacterial action.
Release form and composition
Available in the form of vaginal suppositories: flat, with a rounded end, white (7 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle of 1 or 2 blisters complete with 7 or, respectively, 14 fingertips).
Active substances in 1 suppositories:
- Miconazole nitrate - 100 mg;
- Metronidazole - 500 mg.
As an adjuvant in the manufacture of suppositories, Witepsol S55 is used.
Indications for use
- Vaginal candidiasis;
- Bacterial vaginosis caused by nonspecific, gardnerella or anaerobic vaginitis;
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis;
- Mixed vaginal infections.
- Peripheral and central nervous system diseases;
- Severe abnormal liver function (including porphyria);
- Hemopoiesis disorders;
- Age up to 14 years;
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- Lactation (or feeding should be stopped);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
In the II and III trimesters of pregnancy, Neo-Penotran can be used only in cases where the expected benefit from therapy for a woman exceeds the potential risks to the fetus.
Dosing and Administration
Suppositories should be inserted as deep as possible into the vagina with the help of the disposable fingertips supplied in the kit.
As a rule, 1 suppository is prescribed 2 times a day - in the morning and at night. The course of treatment is 7 days, with resistant to previous therapy and recurrent vaginitis - 14 days.
- Digestive system: cramping abdominal pain, metallic taste in the mouth; in rare cases, constipation or diarrhea, dry mouth, nausea and / or vomiting, loss of appetite;
- Central and peripheral nervous system: in some cases - psycho-emotional disorders, ataxia, headache, dizziness, convulsions; with prolonged use of the drug - peripheral neuropathy;
- Blood system: very rarely - leukopenia;
- Allergic reactions: in individual cases - urticaria, skin rash;
- Local reactions: itching, burning and irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina.
Metronidazole can affect the activity of liver enzymes in the blood, as well as the level of glycemia in the case of determining the glucose content in the blood by the hexokinase method.
When trichomoniasis treatment should be simultaneously both sexual partners.
The basis of the vaginal suppository can have a negative effect on condoms and the contraceptive diaphragm.
- Ethanol: disulfiram-like reactions occur;
- Disulfiram: disorders of the central nervous system develop (psychotic reactions);
- Astemizol, terfenadine: their concentration in the blood plasma increases;
- Indirect anticoagulants: their effect increases;
- Lithium preparations: their toxicity increases;
- Phenytoin: its blood level rises and metronidazole decreases;
- Phenobarbital: decreases the concentration of metronidazole in the blood;
- Cimetidine: possible increase in the concentration of metronidazole in the blood and, as a consequence, the risk of neurological side effects;
- Theophylline, procainamide: their concentration in blood plasma changes.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.