Nemozol - antihelminthic agent.
Release form and composition
- Film-coated tablets: round, convex on both sides, white (200 mg - 2 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard box 1 blister; 400 mg - 1 piece in blisters, in a cardboard box 1 blister);
- Chewable tablets: capsule-shaped, oval, biconvex, white in color, with a risk on one side (1 pc. In blister packs, in a carton pack 1 blister);
- Suspension for oral administration: white (20 ml in plastic bottles, in a carton pack 1 bottle).
The active substance Nemozol - albendazole:
- 1 tablet, film coated - 200 or 400 mg;
- 1 chewable tablet - 400 mg;
- 5 ml of suspension - 100 mg.
Additional components of the tablets: povidone-30, sodium lauryl sulfate, methyl paraben, gelatin, propyl paraben, purified talc, colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, magnesium stearate, corn starch.
- Coated tablets, 200 mg: polyethylene glycol-400, purified talc, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, as well as methanol and methylene chloride, which evaporate during drying;
- 400 mg coated tablets: propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, as well as isopropanol and methylene chloride, which evaporate during drying.
Auxiliary substances chewable tablets: Povidone-30, sodium lauryl sulfate, methylparaben, gelatin, citric acid, purified talc, propylparaben, sodium starch glycolate, aspartame, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, magnesium stearate, mint and pineapple flavors.
Oral suspensions: glycerin, polysorbate-80, sorbic acid, sorbitol solution, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, potassium hydrochloride, microcrystalline cellulose, benzoic acid, essence of ice cream, essence of mixed fruit flavor, purified water.
Indications for use
- Nematodosis (enterobiasis, ascariasis, ankilostomidoz, trichocephalosis, necatoriasis);
- Mixed worm infestations;
- Neurocysticercosis caused by the larval form of Taenia solium;
- Echinococcosis of the peritoneum, lungs, liver, caused by the larval form of Echinococcus granulosus.
Nemozol is used as an auxiliary drug in the surgical treatment of echinococcosis cysts.
- Retinal damage;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or other benzimidazole derivatives.
Relative (caution should be exercised due to the risk of complications):
- Impaired liver function;
- Violation of blood formation;
Dosing and Administration
The drug should be taken orally during the meal.
With nematodoses, the average dose for adults and children over 2 years is 400 mg of albendazole or 20 ml of suspension once. It is recommended to simultaneously treat all family members.
When echinococcosis and neurocysticercosis, the drug is prescribed: to patients with a body weight of more than 60 kg - 400 mg 2 times a day, with a weight of less than 60 kg - at the rate of 15 mg per kilogram per day in 2 doses. The maximum permissible daily dose is 800 mg. Treatment of neurocysticercosis can last from 8 to 30 days. Therapy of echinococcosis is carried out in 3 courses lasting 28 days with 14-day intervals.
In toxocarosis, Nemozol is prescribed: adults and adolescents over 14 years old with a body weight of more than 60 kg - 400 mg 2 times a day, children younger than 14 years old - at the rate of 10 mg / kg 2 times a day. The duration of treatment is from 7 to 14 days.
Children with giardiasis appoint 10-15 mg / kg 1 time per day course of 5-7 days.
- The digestive system: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abnormal liver function with a weak or moderate increase in transaminase activity;
- Hematopoietic system: agranulocytosis, granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, pancytopenia;
- Central nervous system: meningeal symptoms, dizziness, headache;
- Dermatological reactions: rash, itching, reversible alopecia;
- Others: allergic reactions, high blood pressure, fever, acute renal failure.
During treatment, the cellular composition of the blood should be monitored. If leukopenia develops, therapy is suspended.
Blood tests should be done at the beginning of each 28-day course and every 2 weeks during the entire period of use of albendazole. It is possible to continue treatment if the decrease in the total content of leukocytes and neutrophil leukocytes alone is moderate and does not progress.
In case of abnormal liver function before the start of therapy and regularly during it, the functional state of the liver should be monitored.
With neurocysticercosis, it is necessary to simultaneously conduct appropriate therapy with glucocorticosteroids (GCS) and anticonvulsants. GCS (orally or intravenously) is used to prevent a hypertensive attack in the first week of anti-cystic therapy.
Before the appointment of Nemozol, women of childbearing age should exclude pregnancy, it is recommended to use reliable methods of contraception during treatment.
In the case of simultaneous use, cimetidine and dexamethasone increase the concentration of albendazole sulfoxide in the blood.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ºC in a dry, dark place out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.