Neyrobion - a complex of vitamins of group B.
Release form and composition
- Coated tablets: round, convex on both sides, almost white, shiny (10 pieces in blisters, in a carton pack 2 blisters);
- The solution for intramuscular injection: transparent, red (3 ml in dark glass ampoules, 3 ampoules in blisters, in a carton pack 1 pack).
The active ingredients of the drug and their content in 1 tablet and 1 ampoule of solution:
- Thiamine disulfide (vitamin B 1 ) - 100 mg and 100 mg;
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B 6 ) - 200 mg and 100 mg;
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B 12 ) - 0.24 mg (including 20% excess) and 1 mg.
Additional components of tablets:
- Excipients: methylcellulose, gelatin, lactose monohydrate, corn starch, magnesium stearate, talc;
- The composition of the shell: methylcellulose, glycerol 85%, acacia, gelatin, wax, povidone 25, colloidal silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, kaolin, calcium carbonate, sucrose, talc.
Auxiliary substances of the solution: water for injection, benzyl alcohol, potassium cyanide, sodium hydroxide solution.
Indications for use
Combined therapy of diseases of the nervous system of different origin:
- Paresis of the facial nerve;
- Neuralgia of the trigeminal nerve;
- Herpes zoster;
- Sciatica, lumbago;
- Pain syndrome due to spinal diseases: cervical syndrome, lumbar syndrome, shoulder-hand syndrome, intercostal neuralgia, radicular syndrome caused by degenerative changes in the spine.
For both dosage forms of Neurobion:
- Age up to 18 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the components.
In tablets, the drug is also contraindicated in patients with succinic-isomaltase deficiency, lactase deficiency, hereditary intolerance to galactose or fructose, glucose-galactose malabsorption (due to sucrose and lactose).
Dosing and Administration
In the form of tablets, Neyrobion is taken orally, swallowing whole and squeezed with a sufficient amount of liquid, during meals or immediately after a meal.
Unless otherwise prescribed by a doctor, adult patients should take 1 tablet 3 times a day. The course of treatment depends on the clinical picture and on average lasts 1-1.5 months. If necessary, long-term therapy (more than 4 weeks) dose adjustment is recommended.
In the form of a solution, Neyrobion is injected deep into the gluteal muscle.
In severe pain, 1 ampoule is prescribed 1 time per day. After removal of acute symptoms, as well as in the case of moderate pain, it is recommended to administer 1 ampoule 2-3 times a week with a course of 2-3 weeks duration.
If necessary, continue treatment, prophylactic course or maintenance therapy of the patient is transferred to the oral form of the drug.
Neurobion is generally well tolerated, in rare cases undesirable effects are observed:
- Immune system: hypersensitivity reactions (sweating and tachycardia), after parenteral administration - anaphylactic shock;
- Digestive system: diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting;
- Allergic reactions: urticaria and itching.
With prolonged use of the drug should monitor the patient’s condition, because prolonged use of pyridoxine hydrochloride in a daily dose of 50 mg may lead to the development of peripheral sensory neuropathy. In case of a sign of paresthesia, the dose should be adjusted or Neurobion should be canceled.
Cyanocobalamin, obtained by parenteral route, can influence the clinical picture and laboratory parameters in case of pernicious anemia and funicular myelosis.
Neyrobion does not have a negative effect on the reaction rate and ability to concentrate.
The solution can not be administered intravenously.
Other vitamins (especially cyanocobalamin) may be inactivated in the presence of the degradation products of thiamine disulfide.
- Levodopa: its anti-parkinsonian effect decreases;
- Pyridoxine antagonists (for example, penicillamine, hydralazine, cycloserine, isoniazid): the need for pyridoxine increases;
- Fluorouracil: competitively inhibits thiamine phosphorylation to thiamine pyrophosphate;
- Antacids: reduced thiamine absorption;
- Loop diuretics: blocking tubular reabsorption and, as a consequence, a decrease in the content of thiamine in the blood during its prolonged use.
Drinks and solutions containing sulfites (for example, wine), increase the degradation of thiamine, black tea and alcoholic beverages reduce its absorption.
Neurobion solution should not be mixed in the same syringe with other drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children, protected from light, at temperatures up to 20 ºС.
Shelf life - 3 years.