Nasoferon is a drug with antiviral, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects.
Release form and composition
Nazoferon is produced in the form of nasal drops: a colorless transparent liquid (in 5-ml-sealed glass droppers; 1 bottle in a carton box).
The composition of 1 ml drops includes:
- Active substance: alpha-2b recombinant human interferon - not less than 100,000 IU (international units);
- Auxiliary components: edetate disodium, trometamol, trometamol hydrochloride, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, hypromellose, lysine hydrochloride, potassium chloride, water for injection.
Indications for use
Nasoferon is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of acute respiratory viral infections and catarrhal diseases in patients of all ages (including newborns and pregnant women), often and long-term illnesses of the upper respiratory tract of patients, as well as in the following situations:
- Contact with patients with acute respiratory viral infections;
- Seasonal increase in morbidity in organized groups (children and adults), among the contingents of risk - teachers, medical workers, etc., especially during periods of epidemics.
- Allergic diseases in severe forms (in history);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Treatment of acute respiratory viral infections is recommended to begin when the first signs of the disease appear (within 5 days). As a rule, Nazoferon is prescribed depending on age:
- Newborns and children under 1 year: 5 times a day, 1 drop (8000 IU) in each nasal passage (daily dose - 40,000 IU);
- Children 1-3 years of age: 3-4 drops per day, 2 drops (16,000 IU) in each nasal passage (daily dose - 48000-64000 IU);
- Children 3-14 years: 4-5 times a day, 2 drops (16000 IU) in each nasal passage (daily dose - 64000-80000 IU);
- Adults: 5-6 times a day, 3 drops (24,000 IU) in each nasal passage (daily dose - 120000-144000 IU).
With the prophylactic purpose of hypothermia and contact with patients, Nazoferon is prescribed in accordance with the age dosage 2 times a day for 5-7 days. Prophylactic courses, if necessary, can be repeated. In a single contact with patients, as a rule, one instillation is sufficient.
With a seasonal increase in the incidence for the prevention of the drug is used in the morning once in accordance with the age dosage at intervals of 1-2 days.
In the application of Nazoferon in isolated cases may develop skin rash.
Before using Nazoferon, you need to take a horizontal position on your back or sitting, slightly tilt your head back and turn in the direction of the nasal passage, in which the instillation of drops will be carried out. When digging in, do not touch the inner walls of the nose with a dropper bottle. Immediately after the procedure, to evenly distribute the drops on the nasal mucosa for a few minutes, you should massage the wings of the nose with your fingers.
In case of violation of the labeling and integrity of the package, as well as in case of changes in the physical properties of the droplets (transparency or color), Nazoferon should not be used,
To avoid the spread of infection is recommended to use the drug individually.
Avoid contact with Nazoferon on the mucous membrane of the eyes.
In uncomplicated cases, when using Nazoferon, additional symptomatic treatment (sulfonamides, paracetamol, vasoconstrictor nasal drops) is not required.
At elevated body temperature, Nazoferon can be combined with anti-inflammatory drugs.
Simultaneous use with intranasal vasoconstrictor agents is not recommended, since they contribute to the development of dry nasal mucosa.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature of 2-8 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.
After opening the bottle, the drug can be used for 10 days if it is stored in a refrigerator at a temperature of 2-8 ° C.