Nazivin - alpha 2 -adrenomimetik; agent with vasoconstrictor action for local use in ENT practice.
Release form and composition
- Spray nasal 0.05%: transparent, almost colorless or slightly yellow in color (10 ml each in polyethylene bottles with a sprayer, in a carton box one bottle);
- Nasal drops of 0.01%, 0.025% and 0.05%: transparent, almost colorless or slightly yellowish in color (0.01% in 5 ml, 0.025% and 0.05% in 10 ml in dark glass bottles with cap-pipette, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle).
Active ingredient Nazivina - oxymetazoline hydrochloride:
- 1 ml of spray - 500 mcg;
- 1 ml of drops of 0.01% - 100 µg;
- 1 ml of drops 0,025% - 250 µg;
- 1 ml of drops of 0.05% - 500 μg.
Spray auxiliary substances: sodium citrate dihydrate, glycerol 85%, 50% solution of benzalkonium chloride, citric acid monohydrate, purified water.
Excipients droplets: 50% solution of benzalkonium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydroxide 1M solution, sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium edetate dihydrate, purified water.
Indications for use
- Acute respiratory diseases associated with rhinitis;
- Vasomotor rhinitis;
- Allergic rhinitis;
- Otitis media, eustachitis and inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (to restore drainage).
Nazivin is also prescribed to eliminate edema of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity on the eve of the diagnostic procedures.
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Atrophic rhinitis;
- Children under 6 years old - for spray and drops 0.05%;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Relative (i.e., conditions / diseases requiring caution due to the risk of complications):
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system (eg, angina and arterial hypertension);
- The simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors or other drugs that increase blood pressure, as well as 10 days after their cancellation.
Dosing and Administration
Nazivin is intended for intranasal use.
Adults and children over 6 years old are prescribed drops and a spray of 0.05% - 1-2 drops / injection in each nasal passage 2-3 times a day.
Children 1-6 years old prescribed drops 0,025% - 1-2 drops in each nasal passage 2-3 times a day.
Children up to 1 year old are prescribed drops of 0.01%: newborns (up to 28th birthday) - 1 drop in each nostril, children 1-12 months - 1-2 drops. Frequency of use - 2-3 times a day. To ensure the accuracy of dosing, the vial with drops Nazivin 0.01% is equipped with a pipette, on which there are marks with the number of drops.
Such a procedure is also effective: apply 1-2 drops (depending on age) on the cotton wool and wipe the nasal passages with it.
The duration of the use Nazivin - 3-5 days.
- Local reactions: sometimes - sneezing, burning sensation and dryness of the nasal mucosa; in rare cases after drug withdrawal, reactive hyperemia (feeling of nasal congestion);
- Central nervous system: rarely - headache, feeling tired and / or anxious, insomnia;
- Gastrointestinal tract: rarely - nausea;
- Cardiovascular system: with repeated use in high doses - tachycardia, arterial hypertension.
Prolonged continuous use of Nazivin, like any other vasoconstrictor, can lead to a decrease in the effectiveness of the drug, atrophy, and reversible swelling of the nasal mucosa (drug rhinitis).
Avoid overdose, avoid prolonged use of the drug, especially in children.
With prolonged treatment with oxymetazoline in doses exceeding the recommended, possible effects on the central nervous and cardiovascular systems. In these cases, the ability to drive and operate machinery may decrease.
With the simultaneous use of other vasoconstrictor drugs increases the risk of side effects.
In the case of the combined use of tricyclic antidepressants or monoamine oxidase blockers, an increase in blood pressure is noted.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.