Nasik is a local vasoconstrictor for use in ENT practice.
Release form and composition
Nasik is produced in the form of a nasal spray, which is a clear, colorless solution (10 ml each in amber glass bottles, in a carton bundle 1 bottle complete with a metering pump device packed in individual packaging).
Active ingredients in 1 spray dose:
- Dexpanthenol - 5 mg;
- Xylometazoline hydrochloride - 0.1 mg.
Excipients: sodium hydrophosphate dodecahydrate, purified water, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for use
- Acute respiratory diseases associated with rhinitis;
- Vasomotor rhinitis (chronic respiratory failure);
- Acute allergic rhinitis;
- Otitis media (the drug is used to reduce swelling of the nasopharyngeal mucosa as part of combination therapy).
In addition, Nasik prescribed to facilitate breathing during rhinoscopy, as well as to restore impaired respiration in the postoperative period after surgery in the nasal cavity.
- Atrophic rhinitis;
- Pronounced atherosclerosis;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Prostate adenoma;
- Surgical procedures on the meninges in history;
- The simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors or tricyclic antidepressants;
- Children's age up to 6 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
There are no data on reproductive toxicity of Nasik, therefore it is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is administered intranasally.
Adults and children over 6 years old are prescribed 1 injection in each nasal passage (previously cleaned) 3-4 times a day. During the application of Nasik, the bottle should be held in an upright position, directly during the injection, it is easy to inhale the air with the nose.
- Remove the dosing unit from the individual package;
- Uncork the bottle;
- Screw a spray bottle on its neck;
- Remove the protective cap;
- Before first use, press the pump several times until a uniform spray is ensured.
With prolonged and / or too frequent use of Nasik, the following undesirable reactions are possible: tingling, burning, dryness and / or irritation of the nasal mucosa, hypersecretion, sneezing, swelling of the nasal mucosa, dry rhinitis, insomnia, headache, vomiting, increased blood pressure, feeling of heartbeat, allergic reactions, blurred vision. With long-term use in high doses there is a risk of developing depression.
Do not use the drug for more than 5 days in a row.
During treatment with Nasik, it is recommended that caution be taken or, if possible, abandon driving and engaging in potentially hazardous activities requiring psychomotor speed and high concentration of attention.
In the case of the simultaneous use of tricyclic antidepressants or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, it is possible to enhance the manifestations of systemic action.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.