Nazobek is a local drug with anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory and antiallergic action, used in the treatment of rhinitis.
Release form and composition
Nazobek is produced in the form of a nasal spray dosed: an opaque white suspension without visible foreign inclusions (in plastic bottles of 200 doses, 1 bottle in a cardboard bundle complete with a metering mechanical applicator).
The composition of 1 dose includes:
- Active ingredient: beclomethasone dipropionate - 0.05 mg;
- Auxiliary components: benzalkonium chloride (50% solution), 35% hydrochloric acid, polysorbate 80, phenylethanol, anhydrous dextrose, carmellose sodium (dispersive cellulose) + microcrystalline cellulose, purified water.
Indications for use
- Vasomotor rhinitis;
- Allergic rhinitis (year-round and seasonal).
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Frequent nosebleeds;
- Fungal infections;
- Respiratory tuberculosis;
- Viral infections;
- Age up to 6 years;
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Nasobek should be used with caution in lactating and pregnant women in 2-3 trimesters, after recent myocardial infarction and surgical interventions in the nasal cavity, as well as in patients with amebiasis, ulcers ulceration, glaucoma, severe hepatic insufficiency, hypothyroidism.
Dosing and Administration
Nasobek used intranasally.
Before the procedure, you need to clear the nasal passages.
Dosing regimen is determined by age:
- Adults and children from 12 years: 2 times a day, 1-2 doses (0.05-0.1 mg) in each nasal passage; daily dose of 0.2-0.4 mg;
- Children 6-12 years old: 2 times a day, 1 dose (0.05 mg) in each nasal passage, if necessary, a single dose is increased by 2 times.
The maximum daily dose for adults and children from 6 years of age is 0.4 mg (in 2-4 doses).
After achieving a therapeutic effect, Nasobek is canceled, reducing the dose gradually.
Elderly patients dose adjustment is not required.
Before first use, it is necessary to unblock the spraying mechanism, for which you should press the dispenser several times (until the aerosol cloud appears). If the drug has not been used for several days, the spraying mechanism must be unlocked again.
Before starting the procedure, you need to exhale slightly through the nose. Nasal passage, which will not be injected, you need to hold your finger, the applicator should be inserted into the free nasal passage. The head must be tilted so that the bottle is in a perpendicular position. Simultaneously with pressing the nasal applicator and the introduction of a dose of aerosol should be slightly inhaled through the open nasal passage. Exhalation is done through the mouth.
The nasal applicator must be cleaned at least 1 time per week, which will prevent the possibility of clogging. To clean, you need to disconnect the nasal applicator, gently pressing for this the bottom of the applicator. The cap and applicator are washed with warm water, after they dry, they are put back on the bottle.
The following side effects may develop during the use of Nasobec (≥10% - very often; ≥1% and <10% - often; ≥0.1% and <1% - infrequently; ≥0.01% and <0.1% - seldom; <0.01% - very rarely, including isolated cases; with an unknown frequency - with insufficient data necessary to estimate the frequency of development of disorders):
- Respiratory system: rarely - sneezing, irritation and dryness of the nasopharynx, burning, rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, atrophy of the nasal mucosa, bleeding from the nose, cough; very rarely - perforation of the nasal septum (as a rule, in patients who had earlier undergone surgery in the nasal cavity), ulceration of the nasal mucosa;
- Nervous system: rarely - dizziness, drowsiness, disturbance of taste and smell, headache;
- Organ of vision: with unknown frequency - conjunctival hyperemia, increase in intraocular pressure, including glaucoma, cataract (with prolonged therapy), decrease in vision;
- Allergic reactions: rarely - urticaria, skin rash, angioedema;
- Other: rarely - myalgia, candidiasis of the upper respiratory tract and oral cavity (with prolonged therapy and / or use in high doses (more than 0.4 mg per day); with unknown frequency - with prolonged therapy may decrease the growth rate in children, the development of adrenal failure, decrease in bone mineral density.
During the application Nasobek should avoid contact with the spray eyes.
In patients with a high risk of adrenal insufficiency, therapy should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
Unlike local vasoconstrictor drugs for the treatment of rhinitis, the therapeutic effect of Nasobek is not immediately apparent. As a rule, the relief of the symptoms of rhinitis becomes noticeable after 5-7 days from the moment it is started. When a therapeutic effect is achieved, the dose of the drug should be reduced to the lowest effective dose.
Since Nasobek slows down the healing of wounds, patients with ulceration of the nasal septum, after injuries of the nose, surgical interventions in the nasal cavity should not be used until the wounds are completely healed.
In the presence of infectious diseases of the paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, appropriate treatment should be carried out (these diseases are not contraindications to the use of Nasobek).
The benzalkonium chloride contained in the spray with prolonged use increases the risk of swelling of the nasal mucosa. If such a reaction occurs, you need to adjust the dose of Nasobek or switch to the use of drugs that do not contain benzalkonium chloride.
With prolonged therapy in children it is necessary to control the dynamics of their growth.
Due to the fact that when Nasobek is applied, dizziness and drowsiness may develop, patients need to be careful when driving and performing potentially dangerous types of work that require high concentration of attention and quick psychomotor reactions.
With simultaneous use of Nasobek with some drugs, the following effects may occur:
- Estrogens, methandrostenolone, theophylline, beta2-adrenomimetics, oral glucocorticosteroids: increased action of beclomethasone;
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, rifampicin: reduced effectiveness of beclomethasone;
- Beta adrenomimetics: increasing their effectiveness.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ° C, do not freeze.
Shelf life - 4 years.