Saponaria officinalis (Arapka, belozvezdochnik, Carnation White, jasmine field, cockle, mylitsa, soap root, soap grass mylyanka, sustavnik) - herbaceous plant genus Saponaria, the family Caryophyllaceae, applied as an expectorant, a laxative, a diuretic, diaphoretic and cholagogue.
All parts of the plant, especially the rhizomes, contain up to 25% of triterpenic saponins - saponic acid, saporubin, saponaroside (they foam in water like soap, hence the name of the herb), as well as ascorbic acid, pectins, glycoside saponarin.
The roots, in addition, contain tannins, mucus, volatile oil, resins, mineral elements (including manganese, copper, zinc, calcium), carbohydrates (saponarosis, gentiobiosis, oligosaccharides).
Ascorbic acid and flavone tlycoside saponarin are found in the leaves, flavonglycoside in the grass.
The most valuable properties of myalnanka drug:
Indications for use
Given the listed properties of soapy grass, most often it is used in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Bronchitis, whooping cough, pneumonia - diseases accompanied by painful cough;
- Edema of hepatic and renal origin, dropsy;
- Viral diseases caused by certain gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms;
- Diseases of the stomach and intestines, especially flatulence, nausea;
- Diseases of the kidneys, liver, spleen;
- Joint diseases, gout;
- Qatar nasopharynx;
- Metabolic disorders, accompanied by skin rashes;
- Dermatological diseases - scaly zoster, boils, ulcers, scabies, scrofula skin manifestations;
- Toothache, inflammation of the oral cavity, periodontitis.
Mylnyanka medicinal is a poisonous plant, so drugs based on it must be taken orally with extreme caution. You should not do this on an empty stomach.
It is very important to adhere to the dosage regimen recommended by the doctor, since overdose can cause a noticeable burning sensation of the stomach and intestines, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, cough.
Homemade drugs from soapwort drug
- Broth root: finely chop the root, soak for 5-6 hours in water, several times draining the foam, and dry. 1 tsp raw materials pour 1 cup boiling water, cover and boil for 30 minutes in a water bath, remove from heat, insist 20 minutes and strain. Inside take with rheumatism, jaundice, tuberculosis, inflammation of the spleen and other diseases in which the liver and spleen are saturated with toxins - 2 tbsp. 3-4 times a day after meals. The same broth can gargle with sore throat and inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity;
- Infusion of the root: pour root with cold water, leave for 1 hour, then drain the water, pour new for another 1 hour. Pour 1 tsp. raw materials 1 cup boiling water and infuse for 4 hours. Take as a choleretic and diuretic in ¼ cup after meals 3 times a day;
- Cough tea: 1 tsp. (with top) rhizomes and herbs pour 1 cup boiling water, insist for several hours, then bring it to a boil, squeeze and strain. To accept inside on 2 cups a day. The same tool can be used for compresses and skin washing, diluted with chamomile infusion in equal proportions, with eczema, furunculosis and scaly deprive;
- Means improving metabolism: 50 g of roots pour 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 10-15 minutes, insist 10 minutes and strain. Take orally 3 times a day for 2-3 tablespoons.