Movasin is a selective inhibitor of COX-2; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs).
Release form and composition
- Tablets: round, flat-cylindrical, light yellow in color (slight marbling on the surface is possible), with a chamfer (10 pcs. In blisters, 1 or 2 packs in cardboard packs);
- Solution for intramuscular injection: transparent or slightly opalescent, yellow with a greenish tint color (in 1.5 ml glass ampoules, 3 or 5 ampoules in a blister, 1 package in a carton box).
The active ingredient of Movasin - meloxicam:
- 1 tablet - 7.5 or 15 mg;
- 1 ml of solution - 10 mg.
Auxiliary components of the tablets: lactose monohydrate, povidone 12600, crospovidone (collidon CL-M), magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, potato starch.
Auxiliary components of the solution: meglumine, glycine, sodium hydroxide, glycofurfural, poloxamer 188, sodium chloride, injectable water.
Indications for use
Movasin is used for the symptomatic treatment of the following diseases:
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis).
- Progressive kidney disease (including diagnosed hyperkalemia);
- Chronic renal failure in patients not undergoing dialysis (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / minute);
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis);
- Active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the mucous membrane of the stomach and / or duodenum 12;
- Cerebrovascular or other bleeding;
- Conditions after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Active liver disease or severe liver failure;
- A complete or incomplete combination of asthma with recurrent polyposis of the nasal mucosa and paranasal sinuses, intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid and / or other NSAIDs (currently or in history);
- Galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Children's age up to 12 years - for tablets, up to 18 years - for solution;
- Hypersensitivity to the current or auxiliary components of the drug.
Relative (special care must be taken due to the risk of complications):
- Creatinine clearance 30-60 ml / minute;
- Compensated heart failure;
- Cerebrovascular diseases;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Dyslipidemia or hyperlipidemia;
- Peripheral artery diseases;
- The presence of infection Helicobacter pvlori;
- Ulcer lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in history;
- Severe somatic diseases;
- Frequent use of alcohol;
- Long-term use of NSAIDs;
- Elderly age;
- Concomitant therapy with the following drugs: oral glucocorticosteroids (for example, prednisone), antiplatelet agents (for example, clopidogrel and acetylsalicylic acid), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (for example, citalopram, paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline), anticoagulants (for example, warfarin, anticoagulants (for example, parfetine, fluoxetine, sertraline), anticoagulants (for example, warfarin)
Dosing and Administration
Movasin solution is injected deep into the muscle. It is strictly forbidden to enter intravenously!
Depending on the severity of the inflammatory process and the intensity of pain, the dose is 7.5 or 15 mg 1 time per day.
The maximum permissible daily dose for patients with a high risk of side effects, as well as patients with moderate renal impairment (creatinine clearance more than 30 ml / minute), with end-stage renal failure, undergoing hemodialysis is 7.5 mg.
The solution is used only in the first 2-3 days of treatment, then the patient is transferred to the oral form of the drug.
In tablets Movasin taken orally during a meal 1 time per day.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 15 mg, if necessary, reduced to 7.5 mg;
- Osteoarthritis: 7.5 mg, in the absence of effect, the dose is increased to 15 mg;
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 15 mg.
The maximum allowable daily dose for patients with a high risk of side effects, as well as patients with severe renal failure undergoing hemodialysis, is 7.5 mg.
When combined use of different dosage forms of Movasin should be borne in mind that the maximum allowable daily dose should not exceed 15 mg.
Classification of side effects: often - more than 1%, infrequently - 0.1-1%, rarely - less than 0.1%.
- Digestive system: often - dyspeptic disorders, incl. abdominal pain, flatulence, constipation or diarrhea, nausea and / or vomiting; infrequently - belching, stomatitis, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract (including hidden), esophagitis, hyperbilirubinemia, transient increase in liver transaminase activity, gastroduodenal ulcer; rarely - colitis, gastritis, hepatitis, perforation of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Blood formation organs: often - anemia; infrequently - changes in the blood count, including thrombocytopenia and leukopenia;
- Skin: often - rash, itching; infrequently - urticaria; rarely - bullous eruptions, photosensitivity, erythema multiforme;
- Respiratory system: rarely - bronchospasm;
- Nervous system: often - headache and dizziness; infrequently - tinnitus, drowsiness; rarely - disorientation, confusion, emotional lability;
- Cardiovascular system: often - peripheral edema; infrequently - increased blood pressure, flushing to the skin of the face, rapid heartbeat;
- Urinary system: often - an increase in serum urea and / or hypercreatininemia; rarely, acute renal failure; frequency is unknown - albuminuria, interstitial nephritis, hematuria;
- Sense organs: rarely - visual impairment, conjunctivitis;
- Allergic reactions: rarely - anaphylactoid or anaphylactic reactions, angioedema;
- Local reactions: often - swelling at the injection site; rarely - pain at the injection site.
To reduce the risk of undesirable reactions, it is recommended that the minimum effective dose be applied to the shortest possible course.
With special care and under constant monitoring of indicators of renal function, the elderly should be treated, patients with cirrhosis of the liver, chronic heart failure, as well as hypovolemia, which developed as a result of surgical intervention.
Patients taking diuretics during Movasin therapy should use a sufficient amount of fluids.
If allergic reactions develop, the drug should be withdrawn.
It is important to keep in mind that meloxicam (like all other NSAIDs) can mask the symptoms of infectious diseases.
During treatment, the development of side effects from the nervous system in the form of drowsiness, dizziness and headache may occur. For this reason, patients are advised to refrain from driving and performing any potentially hazardous types of work that require concentration.
Possible interaction reactions in the case of simultaneous use of Movasin with other drugs:
- Other NSAIDs (including acetylsalicylic acid): the risk of bleeding and the development of erosive-ulcerative lesions;
- Antihypertensive drugs: reducing their effectiveness;
- Lithium preparations: the development of lithium cumulation and an increase in its toxic action;
- Methotrexate: the likelihood of toxic effects from the hematopoietic system, the occurrence of leukopenia and anemia;
- Diuretics and cyclosporine: the risk of developing renal failure;
- Intrauterine contraceptives: reducing their effectiveness;
- Anticoagulants (including heparin, ticlopidine, warfarin), thrombolytic agents (including streptokinase and fibrinolysin): the risk of bleeding (if you need to use this combination, you should periodically monitor blood clotting);
- Kolestiramine: increased elimination of meloxicam from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, protected from light, out of reach of children at temperature: tablets - up to 25 ºС, solution - up to 30 ºС.
Shelf life - 3 years.