Miramistin is an antiseptic with antimicrobial and bactericidal action for local and external use.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - 0.01% solution: transparent, colorless, foaming when shaken (50 ml in polyethylene bottles, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle complete with a urological applicator; 150 ml in polyethylene bottles, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle complete with spray nozzle).
The active ingredient of Miramistine is benzyldimethyl-myristoylamino-propylammonium chloride monohydrate: in 1 ml - 0.1 mg.
Auxiliary component - purified water.
Indications for use
In Traumatology and Surgery:
- Treatment of purulent-inflammatory processes of the musculoskeletal system;
- Treatment of purulent wounds and prevention of suppuration.
In gynecology and obstetrics:
- Treatment and prevention of suppuration of wounds of the vagina and perineum, postpartum injuries and infections;
- Treatment and prevention of inflammatory diseases (eg, endometritis, vulvovaginitis).
In venereology and dermatology:
- Prevention of sexually transmitted diseases, such as trichomoniasis, chlamydia, genital herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital candidiasis;
- Prevention and treatment of mycoses of the feet, candidiasis of the mucous membranes and skin, ringworm and pyoderma.
- Comprehensive treatment of chronic and acute urethroprostatitis and urethritis of non-specific and specific (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia) nature.
In combustiology (burn medicine):
- Preparation of burn wounds for dermatoplasty;
- Treatment of burns (superficial and deep) II and III A degree.
- Hygienic treatment of removable dentures;
- Prevention and treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity, such as periodontitis, periodontitis, gingivitis, stomatitis.
- Treatment of exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis and / or acute pharyngitis in children 3-14 years old;
- Comprehensive treatment of chronic and acute tonsillitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, otitis.
Miramistin is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its active substance.
The tool can be used during pregnancy according to indications. Information about the safety of the drug during lactation is absent.
Dosing and Administration
Children Miramistin prescribed only for acute pharyngitis and acute exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis. Drug irrigate the pharyngeal cavity using the included spray nozzle.
Recommended dosing regimens, depending on the age of the child:
- 3-6 years - 1 dose (3-5 ml - a single press on the sprayer head);
- 7-14 years - 2 doses (5-7 ml - double pressing);
- Over 14 years old - 3-4 doses (10-15 ml).
Frequency of use - 3-4 times a day. The duration of treatment is 4-10 days.
The use of Miramistin in the treatment of adults, depending on the evidence:
- In traumatology, surgery, and combustiology: they irrigate the surfaces of burns and wounds, fistulous passages and wounds are loosely tamped, gauze gauze tampons soaked in solution are fixed. Therapeutic procedures are repeated 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days. Also use a highly effective method of active drainage of cavities and wounds with a daily consumption of the drug up to 1 liter;
- In gynecology and obstetrics: before delivery for 5-7 days used in the form of vaginal irrigation; in childbirth after each vaginal examination and in the postpartum period - in the form of a tampon soaked in 50 ml of the drug, with an exposure of 2 hours for 5 days. In case of delivery by caesarean section, the vagina is treated before the operation, during the operation itself - the uterus and incision, in the postoperative period tampons moistened with Miramistin are injected for 2 hours daily for 7 days. In the treatment of inflammatory diseases in the vagina injected with tampons with the drug or produce drug electrophoresis, the course - 2 weeks;
- In otolaryngology: purulent sinusitis - the maxillary sinus is washed with a sufficient amount during puncture; pharyngitis, laryngitis and tonsillitis - rinse the throat (10-15 ml of solution) and / or irrigate with a spray nozzle 3-4 times pressing 3 or 4 times a day;
- In dentistry: rinse the oral cavity of 10-15 ml of Miramistin 3-4 times a day;
- Comprehensive treatment of urethritis and urethroprostatitis: carry out the injection of the drug into the urethra in the amount of 2-3 ml 1-2 times a day every day for 10 days;
- Prevention of sexually transmitted diseases: apply no later than 2 hours after sexual intercourse. Using the urological applicator, inject the contents of the bottle: for men - 2-3 ml for 2-3 minutes into the urethra, for women - 1-2 ml for 2-3 minutes into the urethra and for 5-10 minutes into the vagina. It is also recommended to treat the skin of the genitals, pubis and inner thighs. After the procedure, if possible, do not urinate for 2 hours.
- Remove cap from bottle;
- Remove the packing from the protective packaging;
- Attach it to the vial;
- Reactivate by pressing.
In some cases, patients complain of a slight burning sensation, which does not require discontinuation of the drug and passes on its own within 15–20 seconds.
Allergic reactions are possible.
Miramistin does not possess allergenic properties and local irritation.
In the case of simultaneous use Miramistin enhances the antifungal and antibacterial properties of antibiotics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.