Minisiston is a drug with contraceptive action that helps normalize the menstrual cycle and prevent the development of a number of gynecological diseases.
Release form and composition
Miniziston produced in the form of dragee (21 pieces in a blister, 1 blister in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 tablet includes active substances:
- Levonorgestrel - 0.125 mg;
- Ethinyl estradiol - 0.03 mg.
Indications for use
- Functional disorders of the menstrual cycle;
- Hormone-dependent tumors of the uterus or mammary glands;
- Severe functional disorders and liver tumors;
- Diabetes mellitus with vascular complications;
- Thromboembolic diseases (including in the anamnesis);
- Thrombosis of veins and arteries;
- Hypertension (severe);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Miniziston accept inside.
For contraception, take 1 tablet a day (the interval between regular doses should not be longer than 36 hours) for 21 days, after which you should take a seven-day break, then begin to take pills from the new package.
In case of functional disorders, the doctor selects the dose of Miniziston individually.
During the use of Minisiston, the following side effects may develop:
- Rarely: depression, headache, diarrhea, nausea, breast tenderness;
- Very rarely (with prolonged use): deterioration of the tolerance of contact lenses, chloasma.
Minisiston should be taken with caution for varicose veins, multiple sclerosis, phlebitis, endometriosis, epilepsy, and liver diseases.
If for the first time, migraine-like headaches, acute visual impairment, jaundice or stagnation of bile, acute thrombosis, a significant increase in blood pressure, as well as pregnancy, you should stop taking Miniziston and seek medical advice.
Data on the interaction of Minisiston with other drugs are not available.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years.