Dry cough mixture for children is a combination preparation of plant origin with expectorant, antitussive and anti-inflammatory action.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - powder for preparing a solution for oral administration (1.47 g each in paper laminated sachets, 5 or 10 sachets in carton packs; 19.55 g each in glass bottles with a capacity of 200 ml, 1 bottle per carton pack).
1 bottle of Cough Syrup contains:
- Dry Altea root extract - 4 g;
- Dry extract of licorice root naked - 1 g;
- Anise oil - 0.05 g;
- Sodium bicarbonate - 2 g;
- Sodium benzoate - 2 g;
- Ammonium chloride - 0.05 g;
- Sugar - 10 g.
1 bag (single dose) contains:
- Dry Altea root extract - 0.3 g;
- Dry extract of licorice root naked - 0.075 g;
- Anise oil - 0.0375 g;
- Sodium bicarbonate - 0.15 g;
- Sodium benzoate - 0.15 g;
- Ammonium chloride - 0.0375 g;
- Sugar - 0.75 g.
Indications for use
Dry cough mixture for children is used in cases of respiratory diseases accompanied by cough and sputum, which is difficult to separate, including bronchitis, tracheitis and bronchopneumonia.
- Acute pyelonephritis;
- Acute glomerulonephritis;
- Deficiency of sucrase / isomaltase;
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Fructose intolerance;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Mixture should be taken orally, dissolving the powder in 15 ml (1 tbsp) of cooled boiled water.
Recommended single doses of the solution obtained, depending on the child's age:
- Up to 1 year - 15-20 drops;
- 1-2 years - 40 drops;
- 3-4 years - 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp);
- 5-6 years - 3.75 ml (2/3 tsp);
- 7-8 years - 5 ml (1 tsp);
- 9-12 years - 10 ml (2 tsp);
- Above 12 years old - 15 ml (1 tbsp).
The multiplicity of reception - 3-4 times a day. The duration of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
Cough syrup can irritate the gastric mucosa.
In some cases, allergic reactions, diarrhea, nausea and / or vomiting are noted.
Parents of children with diabetes should take into account that in 1 single dose of the drug the carbohydrate content corresponds to 0.06 XE.
Negative impact on the speed of mental and physical reactions, as well as the ability to concentrate. Mixture of cough for children is not dry.
During treatment, cough syrup should not be taken at the same time as antitussive drugs and sputum-reducing agents.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in a place protected from light and moisture, out of reach of children.
The shelf life is 1.5 years, after dissolution - no more than 2 days at a temperature of up to 12 ºС.