Mikrolut - a drug with a gestagenna action, used to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Release form and composition
Microlute is produced in the form of dragee (in blisters with a calendar scale of 35 pieces; 1 blister in a box).
The composition of 1 tablet includes the active substance: levonorgestrel - 0.03 mg.
Indications for use
Microlut is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy, including as an additional tool in patients using non-hormonal methods of contraception.
Also, the drug is prescribed for poor tolerability or the presence of contraindications to the use of gestagen-estrogen drugs.
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Hormone-dependent cancer of the endometrium or breast;
- Severe abnormal liver function;
- Diabetes mellitus, accompanied by vascular complications;
- Liver tumors and thromboembolic processes (including history);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Drops take inside entirely, without chewing, with a small amount of liquid.
Dosage Microlute is 1 tablet every day, at the same time. Start taking the drug should be from the first day of menstruation, using pills of the corresponding day of the week from the calendar package.
After the drug is taken from the first package the next day, it is continued to be taken from the new package, starting from the pills of the corresponding day of the week.
During the period of treatment with Microlut, disturbances may occur on the part of some body systems:
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting; rarely, abdominal cramps, flatulence;
- Organ of vision: rarely - intolerance to contact lenses, a change in the curvature of the cornea;
- The reproductive system: rarely - a change in cervical secretion, vaginal candidiasis, an increase, breast tension, the appearance of a nipple secretion, chloasma, dysmenorrhea, menstruation changes;
- Metabolism: rarely - change (increase or decrease) in body weight;
- Allergic reactions: rarely - skin rash.
The contraceptive effect of Microlut is less effective in overweight patients.
If while taking the drug the expected menstruation does not occur within 42 days from the start of the previous menstruation or menstrual-like reaction, it is necessary to exclude pregnancy.
In cases of persistent and prolonged intermenstrual bloody discharge, additional examination should be conducted to verify the diagnosis.
The contraceptive effect of levonorgestrel reduces barbiturates, primidone, phenytoin, rifampicin (due to increased metabolism of steroids, due to the induction of microsomal liver enzymes).
When using levonorgestrel in combination with neomycin, phenoxymethylpenicillin, nitrofurantoin, chloramphenicol, sulfamethoxypyridazine and ampicillin, intermenstrual hemorrhage may be enhanced due to inhibition of enterohepatic recirculation of sex steroids due to changes in the intestinal flora.
The effect of levonorgestrel on drugs / substances with simultaneous use:
- Anticoagulants for oral, hypoglycemic, anticonvulsant, and antihypertensive drugs: may reduce their effectiveness;
- Chlordiazepoxide, diazepam: may interfere with their oxidative metabolism.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years.