Microlax is a laxative that softens the feces.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - solution for rectal administration: viscous, colorless, opalescent (5 ml in disposable polyethylene tubes (microclysters) with a tip and break off seal, in a cardboard bundle 4 tubes).
Active ingredients in 1 ml of solution:
- Sorbitol solution 70% - 893 mg, which corresponds to 625 mg of sorbitol;
- Sodium citrate - 90 mg;
- sodium lauryl sulfoacetate 70% - 12.9 mg, which corresponds to 9 mg of sodium lauryl sulfoacetate.
Excipients: glycerol, sorbic acid, purified water.
Indications for use
- Treatment of constipation, including with encopresis;
- Preparation for X-ray and endoscopic examination of the gastrointestinal tract.
The use of Microlax is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is intended for rectal use.
Single dose is 5 ml (1 microclysters).
Rules of Microlax:
- Break off the seal on the tip of the tube;
- Put a little pressure on the microclysters so that a drop of the solution smears the tip (for ease of insertion);
- Insert the tip into the rectum (for adults and children over 3 years old — full length, for children under 3 years old - by half, up to the mark);
- Squeezing the tube, completely squeeze out its contents;
- Continuing to squeeze the tube, remove the tip.
Some patients complain of a slight burning sensation in the rectal area.
In some cases, marked hypersensitivity reactions.
Negative impact on the speed of reactions and the ability of the patient to concentrate Microlax does not have.
Information about the interaction with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in a place inaccessible to children.
Shelf life - 5 years.