Microfollin is a drug used to eliminate disorders caused by deficiency of endogenous estrogens.
Release form and composition
Microfollin is produced in the form of tablets: lenticular form, white, with two points on one side, odorless (in blisters of 10 pieces, 1 package in a carton box).
The composition of 1 tablet includes
- Active ingredient: ethinylestradiol - 0.05 mg;
- Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, corn starch, talc, gelatin, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide.
Indications for use
- Climacteric syndrome;
- Common eels;
- Termination of lactation;
- Prostate cancer.
- Impaired liver function;
- Pulmonary embolism;
- Disorders of cerebral circulation;
- Breast cancer (including men);
- Estrogen-dependent malignant neoplasms of the endometrium and cervix;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken orally.
Mikrofollina dosage is set individually.
Recommended dosing regimen:
- Prostate carcinoma: initial dose - 1-2 tablets 3 times a day, with further gradual reduction to a maintenance dose;
- Amenorrhea: 1 / 2-1 tablet per day for 20 days, after which 5 mg of progesterone is administered intramuscularly for 5 days;
- Termination of lactation: 1 tablet per day for 3 days, then 1/2 tablet;
- Acne vulgaris: 1 / 2-1 tablet per day.
During the treatment period with Microfollin, nausea, vomiting, headache, edema, impaired calcium metabolism, bone marrow hypoplasia can occur.
In cases of acute vision impairment, increased blood pressure, cholestatic jaundice, previously not noted frequent migraine-like headache, first signs of thromboembolism or thrombophlebitis, as well as during prolonged immobilization (for example, after accidents), Microfollin should be canceled.
Due to the fact that estrogens can cause sodium and water retention in the body, the drug should be prescribed with increased caution to patients with impaired renal function, epilepsy, cardiovascular pathology, arterial hypertension, and bronchial asthma. In case of angle-closure glaucoma, an increase in intraocular pressure is possible. In diabetes mellitus, glucose tolerance may decrease.
Before applying Microfollin, the patient should undergo a thorough general medical examination, including blood pressure measurement, examination of the pelvic organs and breasts. With long-term drug therapy, the examination should be carried out after 6 months of administration, then - at least once a year.
Due to the risk of breakthrough uterine bleeding, cyclic administration is recommended, even with prolonged use.
Some endocrine studies and liver function tests provide reliable results only 2-4 months after drug withdrawal.
In certain conditions, ethinyl estradiol has a contraceptive effect, it is part of a number of oral contraceptive drugs.
Ethinyl estradiol should be used with caution in combination with drugs that are metabolism inducers (possibly increasing the metabolism of Microfollin).
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children, at temperatures up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years.