Micrazim - an enzyme drug that provides the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - hard gelatin capsules:
- Size No. 2: with a transparent case and a brown lid (10 pcs. In blisters, 2 or 5 packs in cartons);
- Size No. 0: with a transparent case and a dark orange lid (10 pcs. In blisters, 2 or 5 packs in cartons).
The contents of the capsules are enteric pellets spherical, cylindrical or irregular in shape, from light brown to deep brown in color, with a characteristic odor.
Active ingredient Mikrasima - Pancreatin. Its content is:
- Capsules No. 2: 10,000 IU (units of action) or 125 mg (in terms of nominal lipolytic activity - 168 mg), which corresponds to the activity: lipases - 10,000 IU, amylase - 7,500 U, proteases - 520 IU;
- Capsules No. 0: 25000 IU or 312 mg (in terms of nominal lipolytic activity - 420 mg), which corresponds to the activity: lipases - 25000 IU, amylase - 19000 IU, proteases - 1300 IU.
Excipients: triethyl citrate, copolymer of methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate in a ratio of 1: 1 (in the form of a 30% dispersion, additionally containing sodium lauryl sulfate and polysorbate 80), simethicone 30% emulsion, including colloidal suspended silicon, silicon colloidal precipitated, dimethicone, sorbet, acid, methylcellulose, talc, water.
The composition of the capsule body: gelatin and water.
The composition of the capsule cap: gelatin and water, titanium dioxide, quinoline yellow dye, crimson dye (Ponceau 4R), patented blue dye.
Indications for use
- Disturbance of digestion of food (after resection of the small intestine and stomach): to improve food digestion in patients with normal function of the gastrointestinal tract in case of errors in nutrition (with irregular nutrition, eating large amounts or fatty foods), prolonged immobilization, a sedentary lifestyle, impaired chewing function;
- Replacement therapy for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: flatulence, dyspepsia, post-irradiation, cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, pancreathectomy, diarrhea of non-infectious genesis;
- Gastrocardial syndrome (Remheld's syndrome);
- Preparing the patient for an ultrasound or x-ray examination of the abdominal organs.
The use of Micrasim is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis;
- Acute pancreatitis;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Data on the possible consequences of the use of pancreatitis during pregnancy and lactation are not available, therefore, women during these periods of life can be prescribed the drug only after evaluating the benefits and risks.
Dosing and Administration
Micrazim should be taken orally with a liquid that is not alkaline (water or fruit juices). If a single dose is more than 1 capsule, the drug should be taken as follows: half the dose - just before a meal, the second half - during a meal. A single dose of 1 capsule should be taken with meals.
Patients experiencing difficulty in swallowing (for example, the elderly and children), capsules can be opened and taken in the form of pellets, mixing them immediately before taking with liquid food (eg, yogurt or applesauce) or liquid with a pH <5.0. You can not chew or chop pellets, as well as add to food with a pH> 5.5, because This leads to the destruction of their shell, which protects against the effects of gastric juice.
The dose of the drug is determined individually for each patient depending on the diagnosis, severity of symptoms, age, composition of the diet; during replacement therapy for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, depending on the age of the patient, his individual eating habits and the severity of exocrine insufficiency.
Children under 1.5 years old are prescribed no more than 50,000 IU per day, children over 1.5 years old - 100,000 IU per day.
The duration of the use of Micrasim can vary from several days (in case of digestive disorders) to several months and even years (with long-term replacement therapy).
When steatorrhea (if the fat in the feces is more than 15 grams per day), in the case of a patient's reduced body weight, the presence of diarrhea and the lack of effect of diet therapy, the initial dose is 25,000 IU with each meal. If necessary, but under the condition of good tolerability of the drug, the dose is increased to 30000-35000 IU per 1 dose. A further increase in dose, as a rule, does not contribute to improved results. Therefore, if the last dose is not enough, it is necessary to revise the diagnosis, reduce the fat content in the diet, and / or additionally prescribe proton pump inhibitors.
In moderate steatorrhea, which is not accompanied by weight loss and diarrhea, 10,000–25,000 U is prescribed.
For cystic fibrosis, the initial dose for children under 4 years old is 1000 IU per kilogram of body weight with each meal, for children over 4 years old - 500 U / kg. A further dose is selected individually depending on the severity of the course of the disease, nutritional status and severity of steatorrhea. For most patients, the supporting daily dose does not exceed 10,000 U / kg.
In general, Micrasim is well tolerated, in rare cases, when taking high doses, nausea, epigastric discomfort, diarrhea or constipation are observed. Allergic reactions are possible.
With prolonged use of the drug in high doses, there is a likelihood of developing hyperuricemia, hyperuricuria.
Patients (both children and adults), receiving Micrazim for a long time in high doses, should be constantly monitored by a doctor.
The main reasons for the ineffectiveness of enzyme therapy are comorbid diseases of the small intestine (dysbiosis, helminthic invasions), the use of enzymes that have lost their activity, the inactivation of enzymes in the duodenum as a result of acidification of its contents, the failure to comply with the recommended treatment regimen.
Data on the negative impact of the drug on the reaction rate and ability to concentrate attention are not available.
Pancreatin may decrease the absorption of iron supplements.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in a place protected from light and moisture, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 2 years.