Mikozhinaks - a drug used to treat protozoal infections in gynecological practice.
Release form and composition
Mikozhinaks produced in the form of vaginal tablets (in aluminum strips of 12 pieces; 1 strip in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substances:
- Dexamethasone acetate - 0.5 mg;
- Chloramphenicol - 80 mg;
- Metronidazole - 200 mg;
- Nystatin - 100,000 IU (international units).
Indications for use
- Vaginitis caused by mixed infection: trichomonads, anaerobic organisms (including gardnerella), yeast-like fungi;
- Trichomonas, candidal vaginitis;
- Bacterial vaginitis caused by banal pyogenic flora;
- Sanitation of the vagina before abortions, childbirth and the installation of the intrauterine device;
- Prevention of pre- and postoperative inflammatory complications.
Mikozhinaks is also used before hysterography, before and after diathermocoagulation of cervical erosion.
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, as well as to other drugs of the imidazole group.
With care Mikozhinaks appoint with progressive and chronic neuropathy, severe neurological diseases (including acute and chronic forms).
Dosing and Administration
Mikozhinaks apply intravaginally, (enter as deep as possible into the vagina) 1 tablet 1 time a day in the evening (before bedtime). Before using the tablet should be immersed in water for 20-30 seconds. After the introduction of Mikozhinaks it is necessary to remain in the prone position for 15-30 minutes (no less).
The duration of treatment is 10-12 days.
Drug therapy is not interrupted at the time of menstruation.
In cases of Trichomonas vaginitis, Mikozhinaks is used in combination with oral forms of metronidazole in usual doses. With insufficient effectiveness, local therapy is continued for 10–12 days.
In the period of use of the drug should be used intimate hygiene products with a neutral or alkaline pH, wear underwear made of cotton fabric.
During treatment, vaginal douching, the use of vaginal hygienic tampons is not recommended. Sexual contact should also be avoided.
During the period of application of Mikozhinaksa, side effects may occur on the part of some body systems:
- Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system: loss of appetite, change in taste, vomiting, inflammation of the oral cavity, pain in the abdominal or epigastric region, diarrhea, impaired stool; in isolated cases - pancreatitis, hepatitis with cholestasis, abnormal liver function;
- Central and peripheral nervous system: subacute brain syndrome (tremor, nystagmus, ataxia, gait disturbances, dysarthria), hallucinations, psychotic disorders, dizziness, headache, convulsions, peripheral sensory neuropathy, encephalopathy;
- Blood system: neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia (requires revision of the treatment regimen);
- Allergic reactions: anaphylactic shock, angioedema, pustular rash, pruritus, urticaria, hyperemia of the skin;
- Local effects: burning, irritation and itching of the vaginal mucosa, pain in the vagina;
- Other: false-positive Nelson test results, diplopia, reduced visual acuity, red-brown urine staining.
During the period of therapy, one should not consume alcoholic beverages and take medications that include ethyl alcohol (associated with the risk of a disulfiram-like reaction). Reception of alcoholic beverages is allowed not earlier than 1 day after the application of the last dose of the drug.
In the event of dizziness, hallucinations, ataxia and deterioration of the neurological status, the immediate cancellation of Mikozhinaks is required.
Patients during the period of use of the drug should refrain from performing potentially hazardous types of work that require high attention and quick psychomotor reactions.
With care Mikozhinaksa should be used in combination with oral anticoagulants. If it is necessary to use such a combination, it is recommended to control the prothrombin time and, if necessary, adjust the dose of anticoagulants.
The effect of Mikozhinaks on drugs / substances with simultaneous use:
- Lithium preparations: may increase their toxicity;
- Cyclosporine: may increase its plasma concentrations;
- Busulfan: increases its toxicity and plasma concentrations;
- Fluorouracil: may increase its toxicity.
It should be borne in mind that the drug reduces the strength of latex contraceptives (including condoms and diaphragm).
The drug should not be used in combination with metronidazole and disulfiram (due to the risk of developing psychotic reactions).
Plasma concentrations of Mikozhinaksa reduce phenytoin and phenobarbital.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.