Mikozan - a drug for local use with antifungal effects, designed to remove fungal infections from the nail plate.
Release form and composition
Mikozan is produced in the form of a set, which consists of:
- Nail serum in a tube with a brush applicator - 1 pc .;
- Nail files (one side with a small abrasive, the other - with a large) - 10 pcs.
The composition of the serum for nails: rye enzyme filtrate, dimethyl isosorbid, pentileglycol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, water.
Indications for use
- Treatment of fungal nail infections;
- Preventing the reappearance of fungal infection on the nails;
- Strengthening and nourishment of the nail plates during their exfoliation and increased fragility.
The use of Mikosan is contraindicated in children under 4 years of age.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is used topically.
The scheme of use to eliminate fungal nail infections:
- Pre-remove nail polish and / or clean them;
- Once a week, gently clean the affected nails with the supplied nail files;
- Daily at least for 4 weeks twice a day (in the morning and in the evening) apply Mikozan on the entire surface of damaged nails and dry for 1-2 minutes.
After the end of the main 4-week course, it is recommended to use the drug once a day until a healthy nail has fully grown. The overall course of treatment averages from 3 to 6 months, which depends on the area of the lesion and the growth rate of the nails.
To assess the effectiveness of the therapy, it is recommended once a month to note the size of the affected nail on the template, this will help to remember how the nail looked before the start of treatment and in the process of applying Mikosan.
To prevent the reappearance of fungal infections on the nails, as well as to strengthen and nourish the nail plates, Mikozan should be applied to unaffected nails 1 time per day.
Improvement of the condition in the treatment of fungal nail infections may be imperceptible within 1-2 months of applying Mycosan. However, this does not mean its inefficiency, since nail plates grow slowly, and their full regrowth occurs within 6-9 months. That is why the dynamics of improvement is recommended to register using templates.
In order to avoid the development of cross-infection, the drug should not be given to other persons. Files can only be used once for 1 nail each.
Recommendations for the treatment and prevention of fungal infection of the nails:
- Keep feet and hands dry;
- Good to wipe them after a shower or bath, especially in the folds between the fingers;
- Regularly trim the nails in a straight line, slightly rounding off the tips;
- Do not chew nails or remove the cuticle;
- Wear suitable shoes (avoid synthetic materials), if possible allow your feet to air out;
- Disinfect shoes regularly;
- Wear only cotton socks during treatment. they keep the feet cool and fresh. If your feet sweat a lot, change your socks more often;
- In the presence of a fungal infection, use individual clean towels;
- For manicure and pedicure, use individual or disposable tools;
- Do not apply varnish on the nails, because it retains moisture;
- In the locker rooms and the public soul to use individual slippers.
Information about the interaction of Mikozan with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in original packaging at room temperature.
Shelf life - 36 months.