Migrenol is a combined analgesic antipyretic.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets, coated (8 and 15 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle of 1 or 2 blisters).
Active ingredients in 1 tablet:
- Paracetamol - 500 mg;
- Caffeine - 65 mg.
Indications for use
Migrenol is used to relieve pain syndrome of weak and moderate severity. In particular, the drug is prescribed in the following cases:
In addition, Migrenol can be taken with febrile syndrome, colds and flu.
- Severe hepatic and / or renal failure;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Hypersensitivity to the components.
Relative (requires special care due to the risk of complications):
- Congenital hyperbilirubinemia (Dubin-Johnson, Gilbert, Rotor syndromes);
- Children's age up to 12 years;
Dosing and Administration
Migrenol should be taken orally.
Adults are usually prescribed 2 tablets 4 times a day with minimum intervals of 4 hours.
The maximum permissible daily dose is 8 tablets.
Duration of application is determined individually, but should not exceed 10 days.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. Dyspeptic disorders (including epigastric pain and nausea), allergic reactions (skin rash, urticaria, angioedema) are possible.
In rare cases, thrombocytopenia and hemolytic anemia occur.
With long-term use in large doses there is a risk of nephrotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, pancytopenia.
During treatment, it is recommended to limit the consumption of caffeinated beverages (coffee and tea), because caffeine overdose is possible.
Without consulting a doctor, you can take the drug for 3 days with febrile syndrome, 5 days for pain syndrome.
With prolonged therapy (more than 1 week), it is necessary to monitor the picture of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver.
Migrenol makes it difficult to diagnose a symptom of "acute abdomen", it can affect the results of doping control tests in athletes.
Patients with hay fever and atopic asthma are at risk of developing allergic reactions to the drug.
The entire period of treatment is recommended to refrain from the use of alcoholic beverages, because this is fraught with the development of hepatotoxicity.
Possible interaction reactions in the case of simultaneous use of Migrenol with other drugs:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors: enhancing their action;
- Uricosuric drugs: a decrease in their effectiveness;
- Ergotamine: acceleration of its absorption;
- Chloramphenicol: an increase in the time of its removal by 5 times;
- Anticoagulants, which are derivatives of Dicoumarin: enhancement of their action;
- Metoclopramide and domperidone: increased absorption of Migrenol;
- Ethanol: risk of developing hepatotoxicity and acute pancreatitis;
- Inhibitors of microsomal oxidation (for example, cimetidine): reducing the risk of hepatotoxic action;
- Kolestiramin: decrease in the absorption of Migrenol;
- Barbiturates, phenylbutazone, rifampicin, ethanol, phenytoin, tricyclic antidepressants and other stimulants of microsomal oxidation: the risk of severe intoxication in the case of small overdoses.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС in a place inaccessible to children, protected from moisture and light.
Shelf life - 3 years.