Mifolian is a synthetic steroid antiprogestogenic drug that increases the contractility of the myometrium.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets: round, light yellow color (1 or 3 pieces in a blister, in a cardboard box 1 blister).
The active substance of Mifoliana is mifepristone: 200 mg in 1 tablet.
Auxiliary components: sodium carboxymethyl starch, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, starch, lactose.
Indications for use
- Medical termination of uterine pregnancy at an early period (up to 42 days of amenorrhea);
- Preparation and induction of labor in full-term pregnancy.
- Heavy extragenital pathology;
- The presence of a scar on the uterus;
- Uterine fibroids;
- Inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs;
- Acute and chronic renal / hepatic failure;
- Long-term glucocorticosteroid therapy;
- Adrenal insufficiency;
- Disorders of hemostasis (including previous treatment with anticoagulants);
- Smoking over the age of 35 (without first consulting the therapist);
- A history of hypersensitivity to mifepristone.
With a medical abortion:
- Pregnancy arising after the cancellation of hormonal contraceptives or during the use of intrauterine contraception;
- The gestational age is more than 42 days of amenorrhea;
- Pregnancy not confirmed by clinical studies;
- Suspected Ectopic Pregnancy.
In the preparation and induction of labor:
- Preeclampsia severe;
- Premature or postponed pregnancy.
With care Mifolian prescribed in the following cases:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, including bronchial asthma;
- Heart rhythm disorders;
- Severe hypertension;
- Chronic heart failure.
Dosing and Administration
Mytholian should be used exclusively in medical institutions that have properly trained specialists and the necessary equipment.
To terminate a pregnancy, 3 tablets are prescribed, which the patient takes once in the presence of a doctor. For at least 2 hours after taking the woman remains under observation, and after 36-48 hours should appear for ultrasound (ultrasound). After 8-14 days, a second ultrasound control is performed to confirm the miscarriage and the level of beta-chorionic hormone is determined.
If on the 14th day after taking Mifoliana there is no effect (pregnancy is preserved or incomplete abortion is diagnosed), vacuum aspiration followed by histological examination of the aspirate is performed.
For the preparation and induction of labor prescribe 1 pill, which the patient takes in the presence of a doctor, and after 24 hours - another one. After 48-72 hours, the doctor assesses the condition of the birth canal and, if the need arises, prescribe prostaglandins or oxytocin.
- Associated with the use of Mifoliana: hyperthermia, nausea and vomiting, headache, dizziness, weakness, discomfort in the lower abdomen;
- Associated with the procedure of abortion: abdominal pain, bleeding from the genital tract, exacerbation of inflammation of the uterus and appendages.
Patients who are prescribed Mifolian should be warned about the need to terminate the pregnancy in another way if there is no effect from the use of this drug for 10-14 days, because There is a high risk of congenital malformations in the fetus.
Breastfeeding women after taking mifepristone for 14 days should stop feeding.
The use of Mifolian requires the prevention of Rh alloimmunization and other general interventions associated with abortion.
During the period of use of Mytholar, it is not recommended to prescribe nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and moisture, out of reach of children, at temperatures up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 2 years.