Mifeprex - a drug that increases the contractile activity of the myometrium.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets (3 pieces in a blister strip package, in a cardboard box 1 package).
The active ingredient of Mifeprexa is mifepristone: 200 mg per 1 tablet.
Indications for use
- Medical termination of uterine pregnancy, confirmed by the test, in the early stages (no more than 42 days of amenorrhea);
- Preparation and induction of labor in full-term pregnancy.
- Acute and chronic renal / hepatic failure;
- Long-term use of glucocorticosteroids;
- Adrenal insufficiency;
- Uterine fibroids;
- Inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs;
- Violations of hemostasis (including previous anticoagulant therapy);
- Severe anemia;
- Severe extragenital pathology (without consulting the therapist);
- Smoking over the age of 35;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
With a medical abortion:
- The gestational age is more than 42 days of amenorrhea;
- Pregnancy not confirmed by clinical studies;
- Pregnancy arising after the abolition of hormonal contraception or arising during the use of intrauterine contraception;
- Suspected Ectopic Pregnancy.
In the preparation and induction of labor:
- Pre-eclampsia or eclampsia;
- Preeclampsia severe;
- Abnormal position of the fetus;
- The discrepancy between the size of the pelvis of a woman and the head of the fetus;
- Premature or post-term pregnancy;
- Staining from the genital tract during pregnancy, unspecified etiology.
Relative contraindications (special caution is required due to the risk of complications):
- Bronchial asthma;
- Obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Chronic heart failure.
Dosing and Administration
Mifeprex is used only in specialized medical institutions.
For the purpose of medical termination of pregnancy in the presence of a doctor, take 3 tablets once (600 mg of mifepristone), 1-1.5 hours after a meal (light breakfast), drinking ½ cup of boiled water.
For at least 2 hours after taking the drug, the woman is under the supervision of a physician. After 26-48 hours, the patient should appear for ultrasound monitoring. In some cases, reappointment of Mifeprexa is required.
After 10-14 days, repeated ultrasound monitoring is performed, if necessary, the level of human chorionic gonadotropin is determined.
In the absence of an effect (ongoing pregnancy or incomplete abortion) on the 14th day after taking Mifeprex, a vacuum aspiration is shown followed by a histological examination of aspirate.
For the purpose of induction of labor, 1 tablet (200 mg of mifepristone) is administered once, then after 24 hours another 1 tablet. A woman should take the drug in the presence of a doctor. After 48-72 hours, the doctor assesses the state of the birth canal, if necessary, prescribe oxytocin or prostaglandins.
- Caused by Mifeprexa: a feeling of discomfort in the lower abdomen, headache, general weakness, hyperthermia, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, subinvolution of the uterus, lohiometer;
- Associated with the procedure of medical abortion: abdominal pain, bleeding from the genital tract, exacerbation of inflammation of the uterus and its appendages.
Women who have been prescribed Mifeprex for medical termination of pregnancy should be warned that if there is no effect for 10-14 days, it is necessary to terminate the pregnancy in another way, since the risk of congenital malformations in the fetus is high.
The use of mifepristone requires the prevention of Rh alloimmunization and other common interventions associated with abortion.
In the appointment of the drug in order to terminate a pregnancy during lactation for 3 days after taking it, breastfeeding should be interrupted.
The use of mifepristone to prepare the cervix for childbirth is not affected by subsequent lactation.
Mifeprex reduces the effectiveness of glucocorticosteroids, so if you need to use this combination, you should increase the dose of the latter.
It is not recommended to use nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs at the same time.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 20 ºС in a dark and dry place.
Shelf life - 3 years.