Mezim forte is an enzyme preparation used to improve digestion.
Release form and composition
Mezim forte is produced in the form of coated tablets: flat-cylindrical, with beveled edges and almost plane-parallel surfaces, pink, with a characteristic smell of pancreatin (20 pieces in blisters, 1, 2, 4, 5 blisters in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 tablet includes pancreatin with minimal enzymatic activity:
- Amylase - 4200 IU Ph.Eur;
- Lipases - 3500 IU Ph.Eur;
- Protease - 250 IU Ph.Eur.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethyl starch (type A), colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Shell composition: talc, hypromellose, azorubic varnish (E122), 30% simethicone emulsion (in the form of dry mass), titanium dioxide (E171), 30% polyacrylate dispersion (in the form of dry mass), macrogol 6000.
Indications for use
- Insufficiency of exocrine pancreatic function (cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis);
- Inflammatory-dystrophic diseases of the stomach, liver, intestines, gallbladder (chronic), as well as conditions after irradiation or resection of these organs, which are accompanied by flatulence, impaired digestion, diarrhea (along with other drugs);
- Errors in nutrition in patients with normal function of the gastrointestinal tract (to improve the digestion of food);
- Preparation for carrying out ultrasound and X-ray examination of the abdominal organs.
- Acute pancreatitis;
- Chronic pancreatitis (with exacerbation);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Pregnant women Mezim forte can be taken in cases where the expected health benefits of the mother are higher than the potential risk to the fetus.
Dosing and Administration
Mezim forte is taken orally with water. Chew tablets should not be.
The dose of the drug is determined individually depending on the characteristics of the course of digestive disorders.
Adults are usually prescribed 1-2 tablets before meals. If necessary, during the meal it is additionally possible to take another 1-4 tablets.
Children Mezim forte can be taken on prescription.
The duration of therapy is determined by the indications: for violations of the digestive process associated with errors in diet - a few days; if necessary, continuous replacement therapy - a few months or years.
During therapy, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, epigastric discomfort, and allergic reactions may develop.
With prolonged high doses of Mezim Forte, it is possible to increase the level of uric acid in the blood plasma and the development of hyperuricuria.
In some cases, patients suffering from cystic fibrosis after receiving high doses of the drug in the ileocecal region may experience the formation of strictures.
Before starting the use of Mezim forte, as well as in the case of uncharacteristic symptoms, you should consult a doctor.
Simultaneous use with antacid agents containing magnesium hydroxide and / or calcium carbonate, can lead to a decrease in the effectiveness of pancreatin.
With the simultaneous use of Mezim Forte with iron-containing drugs may decrease the absorption of the latter.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.