Metindol is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent that also has antipyretic and analgesic effects.
Release form and composition
Methindol dosage form is an ointment for external use (30 g in tubes, in a carton 1 tube).
The active ingredient of the drug is indomethacin. 1 g of ointment contains 50 mg.
Indications for use
- Ankylosing spondylitis;
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- Barter syndrome;
- Acute gout attacks;
- Post-traumatic and other inflammatory conditions of the joints.
The use of Methindol is strictly contraindicated in the following cases:
- Liver and kidney disease;
- Peptic ulcer of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Parkinson's disease;
- Blurred vision;
- Lactation (or breastfeeding should be stopped);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Dosing and Administration
Methindol is intended for external use.
The ointment should be applied with a thin layer on the affected areas of the body or joints from 2 to 4 times a day and rubbed strongly into the skin.
Possible side effects of the drug:
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, hearing and vision impairment, psychosis, depression;
- The digestive system: nausea, vomiting, ulceration of the colon, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Cardiovascular system: arterial hypertension;
- Other: vaginal bleeding, edema.
To identify the increased sensitivity to Metindol for the first application is recommended to use the minimum amount of the drug.
If there is no effect within 2-4 weeks of treatment, you should stop using the ointment and consult a doctor.
Indomethacin increases the concentration in the blood and, as a consequence, the toxicity of amikacin, gentamicin, lithium preparations.
In the case of simultaneous use of Metindol reduces the effectiveness of antihypertensives (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, beta-blockers) and diuretics; enhances the effects - derivatives of sulfonamides and anticoagulants.
With the simultaneous use of derivatives of salicylic acid increases the negative impact on the gastrointestinal tract; ethyl alcohol - the likelihood of side effects.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15 to 21 ºC in a place protected from moisture and light, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.