Methyltestosterone is a hormonal anticancer drug.
Release form and composition
Methyltestosterone is produced in the form of tablets (10 pcs. In blisters, 2-5 packs in a carton box).
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substance: methyltestosterone - 500 mg.
Indications for use
- Men: hypogonadotropic and primary hypogonadism, menopause and associated vascular and nervous disorders, feminine appearance and body build in boys at puberty;
- Women: inoperable breast cancer in the postmenopausal period, after radical surgical interventions for neoplastic processes in the mammary gland in the premenopausal period; dysfunctional uterine bleeding in menopausal and preclimacteric periods.
- Prostate cancer;
- Pronounced functional disorders of the kidneys and / or liver;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Methyltestosterone should be taken with caution in patients with heart failure, hypertension, epilepsy, impaired renal function and / or liver, and migraine.
Dosing and Administration
Methyltestosterone is taken orally.
The daily dose of the drug is determined by the indications:
- Delayed sexual development, infantilism and growth retardation in children and adolescents: 50-100 mg;
- Climacteric syndrome: 50-150 mg (course - 30-60 days);
- Dysmenorrhea in elderly women: 100-200 mg (within 5-6 days before the onset of menstruation);
- Prostate adenoma in the initial stage: 200-300 mg (course - 30-60 days);
- Breast and ovarian cancer: 500-1000 mg.
The highest single dose - 500 mg, daily - 1000 mg.
The following side effects may occur during the application of methyltestosterone:
- The digestive system: cholestasis, nausea, cholestatic hepatitis;
- Endocrine system: premature puberty in boys, masculinization in women, gynecomastia;
- Other: thrombophlebitis, dizziness, acne, edema.
During the period of application of methyltestosterone, liver function must be monitored.
When combined with cyclosporine, it is possible to increase its level in the blood plasma and, as a consequence, to enhance its effects, including toxic ones.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years.