Methandrostenolone is a drug that enhances tissue respiration, stimulates anabolic and suppressive catabolic processes caused by glucocorticoids, increases muscle mass, reduces fat deposits, and provides antiallergic effect.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of tablets (10 pcs. In blisters, in a carton pack of 10 packs).
The active ingredient of methandrostenolone is the same substance: 5 mg in 1 tablet.
Indications for use
- Slowing the growth of children (pituitary nanism, Shereshevsky-Turner syndrome);
- Delayed physical development and puberty (sexual infantilism) in boys;
- Diabetic angiopathy;
- Encephalopathy on the background of alcoholic hepatitis;
- Severe infectious diseases, accompanied by loss of protein;
- Violation of protein metabolism, cachexia (after severe injuries, burns, operations, radiation therapy);
- Glucocortico-induced myopathy;
- Progressive muscular dystrophy;
- Fractures and injuries (to accelerate regeneration).
- Breast cancer in women and breast cancer in men;
- Prostate adenoma;
- Glomerulonephritis (nephrotic stage);
- Hepatic and / or renal failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Methandrostenolone should be ingested before eating.
Adults are usually prescribed 5 mg 1-2 times a day. If necessary, increase the daily dose, but not more than 50 mg.
Recommended doses for children depending on their age:
- 6-14 years old - 3-5 mg;
- 2-5 years - 1-2 mg;
- up to 2 years - 0.05-0.1 mg / kg.
The daily dose is taken in 1-2 doses.
The duration of treatment should not exceed 4 weeks. After 6-8 weeks, repeat the course.
- Gastrointestinal tract: dyspeptic symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain), jaundice, abnormal liver function;
- Cardiovascular system, blood formation and hemostasis: iron deficiency anemia, leukemoid syndrome (pain in the long tubular bones, leukemia), hypocoagulation state with a tendency to bleed;
- Other: peripheral edema, progression of atherosclerosis (decrease in high-density lipoprotein concentration and increase in low-density lipoprotein concentration.
With prolonged use, the following side effects are possible: hepatonecrosis (headache, respiratory failure, discomfort, vomiting with blood, dark feces), hepatic purpura (urticaria, maculosis or punctate hemorrhagic rashes on the skin and mucous membranes, discoloration of feces, dark urine) angina or pharyngitis), cholestatic hepatitis (pain in the right hypochondrium, discolored feces, dark urine, yellow staining of the skin and sclera), increased or decreased libido, convulsions, increased secretion of the sebaceous glands, impaired on, a feeling of fullness, diarrhea, flatulence, vomiting, hepatocellular carcinoma.
In women, it is also possible: hypercalcemia (fatigue, depression of the central nervous system, nausea, vomiting) and virilization (dysmenorrhea and amenorrhea, coarseness or hoarseness, clitoral enlargement, hirsutism, oily skin, steroid acne).
In men, in addition, in some cases, there are: in the prepubertal period - slowing down and even cessation of growth (calcification of the epiphyseal growth zones of the tubular bones), idiopathic hyperpigmentation of the skin, manifestations of excessive androgenic activity (priapism, penis enlargement, formation of secondary sexual characteristics, acne ); in the post-pubertal period - gynecomastia, mastodynia, decrease in sexual function, priapism, irritation of the bladder (increase in the frequency of urges). In older men, hyperplasia and / or prostate carcinoma is possible.
During treatment, it is necessary to ensure adequate intake of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals. In the event of signs of virilization or menstrual irregularities, Methandrostenolone should be withdrawn.
Periodically during the treatment period, the concentration of calcium in the blood, hemoglobin, hematocrit, serum phosphorus, cholesterol (especially in patients with concomitant pathology of the cardiovascular system), glucose (in patients with diabetes mellitus), as well as the functional state of the liver should be monitored.
The drug inhibits lactation, so if you need treatment during this period, breastfeeding is recommended to stop.
Every 6 months it is recommended to conduct an X-ray examination of the tubular bones in children and adolescents in order to monitor the state of their epiphyseal zones.
In older people, anabolic steroids can lead to prostatic hyperplasia.
The effectiveness of the use of steroid anabolic steroids for osteoporosis has not been proven, but it is known that in this case the risk of serious side effects increases.
It is important to keep in mind that the use of anabolic steroids in order to stimulate athletic qualities is unacceptable, because may cause serious injury.
Methandrostenolone enhances the effect of hypoglycemic agents, antiplatelet agents and anticoagulants, as well as side effects of hepatotoxic drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, dark place.
Shelf life - 5 years.