Metamax - a drug with antianginal, angioprotective, antihypoxic, cardioprotective action.
Release form and composition
Metamax is produced in the following dosage forms:
- Solution for injection (in ampoules of 5 ml, 10 ampoules per pack);
- Capsules (in blisters of 10 pcs., 4 blisters per pack).
The composition of 1 ml of solution includes:
- Active ingredient: 3- (2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium) propionate dihydrate - 100 mg;
- Auxiliary component: water for injection.
The composition of 1 capsule includes:
- Active ingredient: 3- (2,2,2-trimethylhydrazinium) propionate dihydrate - 250 mg;
- Auxiliary components: aerosil, magnesium stearate, potato starch.
Indications for use
- Ischemic disorders of cerebral circulation;
- Cerebrovascular insufficiency;
- Decreased physical performance (including athletes);
- Chronic alcoholism, including to relieve withdrawal symptoms;
- Chronic bronchitis, infectious-allergic bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (as an immunomodulator along with other drugs);
- Eye diseases associated with pathology of the fundus vessels, retinal dystrophy;
- Dystrophic diseases of the heart, cardialgia with dystrophic changes of the myocardium (simultaneously with other drugs).
Metamax also used in the postoperative period to accelerate rehabilitation.
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Metamax capsules are taken orally.
- Mental and physical overstrain: 1 capsule 4 times a day for 10-14 days, with a possible repetition of the course after 14-21 days;
- Chronic ischemic heart disease: 1 capsule 3 times a day for 4 days, then 1 capsule 2 times a week for 1.5 months;
- Dishormonal myocardial dystrophy, occurring with cardialgia: 1 capsule 2 times a day (morning and evening), the duration of the course is 12-14 days;
- Chronic alcoholism: 2 capsules 4 times a day, the duration of the course is 7-10 days;
- Chronic cerebrovascular accident: 1 capsule 1-3 times a day, course duration - 14-21 days;
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy: 1 capsule 1-3 times a day (in the morning), the duration of the course is 14-21 days;
- Infectious-allergic bronchial asthma: 1 capsule per day, course duration - 21 days.
Athletes are prescribed 2-4 capsules of Metamax 2 times a day in the morning before workout. The drug is recommended to take 14-21 days before the competition and continue to receive it for 10-14 days during the competition.
Metamax solution is used intramuscularly, intravenously, retrobulbar or subconjunctival.
- Mental and physical overstrain: 500 mg of solution intravenously 1 time a day for 10-14 days, with a possible repetition of the course after 14-21 days;
- Unstable angina pectoris: 500-1000 mg of solution intramuscularly and intravenously injected once a day;
- Chronic alcoholism: 500 mg intravenously 2 times a day, the duration of the course - 7-10 days;
- Chronic cerebrovascular accident: 500 mg intramuscularly 1 time per day, course duration - 14-21 days;
- Disorders of cerebral circulation in the acute phase: 500 mg intravenously 1 time per day, course duration - 14-21 days;
- Dystrophy of the retina and vascular pathology of the fundus of the eye: 0.5 ml of solution per day is retrobulbar and subconjunctival, the course duration is 10 days.
During the period of therapy with metamax, dyspepsia, agitation, tachycardia, lowering of blood pressure may occur; in rare cases, allergic reactions (skin rash, itching).
Special care should be taken when using the drug with nitroglycerin, beta-blockers, nifedipine, peripheral vasodilators, as such drug combinations can lead to the development of mild tachycardia and arterial hypotension.
In the treatment of chronic heart failure, Metamax can be used in combination with cardiac glycosides, in the treatment of bronchial asthma - with bronchodilators.
In cases of long-term use of the drug is recommended to monitor the function of the kidneys and liver.
Metamax enhances the action of beta-blockers, cardiac glycosides, coronarodilators, nitroglycerin, nifedipine and other antihypertensive drugs.
The drug is pharmacologically compatible with anticoagulants, as well as antiarrhythmic, antianginal, antiplatelet drugs.
Metamax can be used simultaneously with bronchodilators, cardiac glycosides, diuretics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, out of reach of children and protected from light at temperatures up to 25 ° C.