Metacin - a drug with antispasmodic action.
Release form and composition
Metacin is available in the following dosage forms:
- Tablets (in packs of cellular contoured, 10 pcs., 1 pack in a carton box);
- Solution for injection (in 1 ml ampoules with a ampoule knife in the kit, 10 ampoules in a box).
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substance: metocynia iodide - 2 mg.
The composition of 1 ml of the solution contains the active substance: metocinium iodide - 1 mg.
Indications for use
- Hypersecretion of bronchial and salivary glands;
- Premature labor, miscarriage (prophylaxis);
- Spasm of the smooth muscles of the internal organs in the following diseases: hepatic and renal colic, chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
Metacin is also used in operations to reduce the secretion of the bronchial and salivary glands (for sedation).
- Hypertrophy of the prostate gland;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Metacin is prescribed with caution in the following conditions / diseases:
- Increased body temperature;
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- Renal failure;
- Cardiovascular diseases: acute bleeding, arterial hypertension, mitral stenosis, chronic heart failure, tachycardia, coronary heart disease, atrial fibrillation;
- Reflux esophagitis, hiatal hernia in combination with reflux esophagitis;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by obstruction: paralytic ileus of the intestine, intestinal atony in debilitated patients and elderly patients, stenosis and achalasia of the pylorus;
- Dry mouth;
- Age over 40;
- Diseases accompanied by increased intraocular pressure: angle-closure and open-angle glaucoma;
- Liver failure;
- Chronic lung diseases, especially in debilitated patients and young children;
- Autonomic neuropathy;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Prostatic hypertrophy without obstruction of the urinary tract, urinary retention or predisposition to it, diseases accompanied by obstruction of the urinary tract (including bladder neck due to hypertrophy of the prostate gland);
- Down syndrome;
- Central paralysis or brain damage in children.
Dosing and Administration
The solution is injected subcutaneously, intravenously or intramuscularly in 0.5-2 ml; daily dose - 6 mg.
Metacin in the form of tablets are taken orally. A single dose - 1-2 tablets, the multiplicity of reception - 2-3 times a day. The maximum single dose - 2.5 tablets, daily - 7.5 tablets.
During therapy with Metacin, accommodation paralysis, dysphagia, dilated pupils, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention, constipation, thirst, tachycardia, and dry mouth can occur.
Medical consultation is necessary before using Metacin.
When using Metacin in combination with drugs with anticholinergic activity, or m-anticholinergic agents, its anticholinergic action may be enhanced.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C, protected from light and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.