Metoplant is a plant-based drug that improves blood rheology, cerebral and peripheral blood circulation, which increases the body’s resistance (especially brain tissue) to hypoxia, inhibiting the development of toxic or traumatic brain edema.
Release form and composition
Memoplant dosage form - coated tablets:
- 40 mg: round, smooth, brownish-yellow color (10, 15 or 20 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle in 1, 2, 3 or 5 packs);
- 80 mg: round, smooth, brownish-yellow color (10, 15 or 20 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard pack of 1, 2, 3 or 5 packs);
- 120 mg: round, biconvex, brownish-red color, on a fracture - from light yellow to yellow with a brown tint (10, 15 or 20 each in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 1, 2, 3 or 5 packs).
The active ingredient is dry, standardized extract of the leaves of ginkgo biloba (EGb 761) (35-67: 1) *. Its content in tablets:
- 40 mg, including flavone glycosides - 9.6 mg, terpenlactones - 2.4 mg;
- 80 mg, including flavone glycosides - 19.2 mg, terpenlactones - 4.8 mg;
- 120 mg, including flavone glycosides - 28.8 mg, terpenlactones - 7.2 mg.
* extractant: acetone 60%.
Auxiliary components: sodium croscarmellose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch.
- Tablets 40 and 80 mg: macrogol 1500, titanium dioxide (E171), talc, hypromellose, defoaming emulsion SE2, iron red oxide (E172) and brown oxide (E172);
- Tablets 120 mg: macrogol 1500, titanium dioxide (E171), talc, hypromellose, defoaming emulsion SE2, iron red oxide (E172).
Indications for use
Memoplant is prescribed in the following cases:
- Impaired brain function (including age-related and associated with impaired cerebral circulation), which are accompanied by symptoms such as tinnitus, dizziness, headache, decreased ability to concentrate, memory impairment and intellectual abilities;
- Impaired function of the inner ear, manifested by tinnitus, dizziness and unstable gait;
- Peripheral circulatory disorders that accompany obliterating diseases of the arteries of the lower extremities, with characteristic symptoms such as coldness and numbness of the feet, intermittent claudication, Raynaud's disease.
The use of Metoplant is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Acute disorders of cerebral circulation;
- Reduced blood clotting;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- Erosive gastritis;
- Congenital galactosemia, glucose or galactose malabsorption syndrome, congenital lactase deficiency;
- Children's age up to 12 years - for tablets 40 mg, up to 18 years - for tablets 80 mg and 120 mg;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Memoplant is intended for oral administration. Tablets should be swallowed whole with water. Eating does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
Recommended dosage regimens of Memoplant in the form of 40 mg tablets:
- Disorders of cerebral circulation (symptomatic treatment): 1-2 tablets 3 times a day. The minimum duration of treatment is 8 weeks;
- Peripheral circulation disorders: 1 tablet 3 times a day or 2 tablets 2 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy is at least 6 weeks;
- Vascular or involutionary pathology of the inner ear: 1 tablet 3 times a day or 2 tablets 2 times a day for 6-8 weeks.
Recommended dosage regimens for Memoplant 80 mg tablets
- Disorders of cerebral circulation (symptomatic treatment): 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. The minimum duration of treatment is 8 weeks;
- Peripheral blood circulation disorders: 1 tablet 2 times a day. The duration of the course of therapy is at least 6 weeks;
- Vascular or involutionary pathology of the inner ear: 1 tablet 2 times a day for 6-8 weeks.
Metoplant at a dose of 120 mg is prescribed 1 tablet 1-2 times a day. The duration of the therapeutic course depends on the type and severity of the disease, but is not less than 8 weeks.
If after 3 months of treatment there is no improvement in the condition, the doctor should assess the feasibility of further use of the drug.
In the case of skipping the next pill, the next dose of the medicinal product should be carried out according to the described schemes, without any changes.
- Allergic reactions: rash, itching, redness and swelling of the skin;
- Blood coagulation system: reduced blood clotting; in the case of simultaneous use of drugs that reduce blood clotting - bleeding;
- Central nervous system: rarely - hearing loss, dizziness, headache;
- Digestive system: rarely - gastrointestinal disorders (diarrhea, vomiting, nausea).
When prescribing Metoplant, it is necessary to warn the patient about the need to see a doctor in case of tinnitus, dizziness, sudden deterioration or loss of hearing.
Metoplant should not be taken simultaneously with anticoagulants (direct and indirect action), acetylsalicylic acid and drugs that reduce blood clotting.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-25 ºС out of the reach of children.
- Tablets 40 and 80 mg - 5 years;
- 120 mg tablets - 3 years.