Mexicor is an antioxidant drug that reduces the manifestations of oxidative stress, improves cellular energy exchange, the functional state of the ischemic myocardium during myocardial infarction and contractile function of the heart, reducing the manifestations of left ventricular diastolic and systolic dysfunctions.
Release form and composition
- Capsules: size No. 2, hard gelatin, yellow; the contents are granules (granules and powder) of white color or with a yellowish tinge (10 pieces in blisters, in a carton pack of 2, 3, or 6 packs);
- Solution for injection: colorless or slightly colored, transparent (2 ml each in dark glass ampoules, 5 ampoules in a blister pack, 1, 2 or 4 packs in a carton box).
Active ingredient - ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate: in 1 tablet - 100 mg, in 1 ml of solution - 50 mg.
Auxiliary components of capsules: low-molecular medical polyvinylpyrrolidone, lactose (milk sugar), potato starch, microcrystalline cellulose, and magnesium stearate.
The composition of the capsule: gelatin, titanium dioxide, quinoline yellow dyes (E104) and sunset yellow (E110).
Auxiliary substances of the solution: disodium edetate, succinic acid and water for injection.
Indications for use
As monopreparation Mexicor is used in the following cases:
- Mild to moderate cognitive impairment;
As part of a combination therapy, the drug is prescribed for such diseases:
- Coronary heart disease (capsules only);
- Ischemic stroke;
- Myocardial infarction.
The strict contraindications to the use of Mexicoor are:
- Acute disorders of the liver / kidneys;
- Age up to 18 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
The solution Mexicor is designed for intravenous (IV) and intramuscular (IM) administration.
Standard regimens of the drug, depending on the evidence:
- Acute myocardial infarction: in / in or intramuscularly for 14 days as part of traditional therapy, including the prescription of nitrates, thrombolytics, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, beta-blockers, antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants and corresponding symptomatic agents. In the first 5 days, the drug is administered in / in (to achieve the maximum possible effect), then - in / m. In / in the introduction is carried out in the form of a slow drip infusion for 30-90 minutes, Mexicor diluted with physiological or 5% dextrose solution (100-150 ml). Also allowed in / in the jet slow injection (for at least 5 minutes). The multiplicity of injections - 3 times a day (every 8 hours). Average doses: single - 2-3 mg / kg (maximum - 250 mg), daily - 6-9 mg / kg (maximum - 800 mg);
- Ischemic stroke: the first 2-4 days - 200-300 mg 2-3 times / day in / in the drip, then - 100 mg 3 times / day / m. The course of injection treatment is 10-14 days, after which the patient is transferred to the oral form of Mexico: for 14 days - 100 mg 2 times a day, the next 7 days - 100 mg 3 times a day. The duration and frequency of repeated courses are determined by the doctor individually;
- Decompensated dyscirculatory encephalopathy: in / in (drip or jet) for the first 14 days, 100 mg 2-3 times a day, the next 2 weeks - in / m 100 mg daily. In the future, the drug is prescribed in the form of capsules: 100 mg 2-4 times / day. The duration and frequency of therapeutic courses, the doctor determines individually;
- Prevention of dyscirculatory encephalopathy: i / m 100 mg 2 times / day course of 10-14 days;
- Cognitive disorders: IM / 100-300 mg daily for 14 days. Further, if the need arises, the patient is transferred to the oral administration of the drug - 100 mg 2-4 times / day. There are no restrictions on the duration of use.
Capsules mexicor take orally. Treatment begins with a dose of 100 mg 3 times / day with a gradual increase in the daily dose depending on the clinical course of the disease, the effectiveness and tolerability of the drug.
Maximum doses: single 200 mg, daily 800 mg. The total daily dose should be divided into several doses.
The abolition of the drug is carried out gradually, daily reducing the dose by 100 mg.
With coronary heart disease and circulatory disorders of the brain, the minimum duration of taking Mexico is 1.5-2 months. On the recommendation of the doctor, repeated courses may be held, preferably in the spring and autumn period.
In cognitive disorders and dyscirculatory encephalopathy, the drug is prescribed 100 mg 3-4 times / day without limiting the duration of treatment.
When administered intravenously, especially jet, the following side effects are possible:
- Digestive system: metallic taste and dry mouth;
- Respiratory system: feeling of lack of air, discomfort in the chest, sore throat;
- Other: feeling of heat spreading through the body.
The described phenomena, as a rule, are of a transient nature, and arise due to the introduction of Mexicoor too quickly.
With prolonged injection of the drug are possible:
- Digestive system: flatulence and nausea;
- Central nervous system: sleep disorders.
In capsule form, Mexicor is usually well tolerated. The following side effects are sometimes noted:
- The digestive system: rarely - dry mouth, dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea (quickly pass on their own or with the abolition of the drug); with prolonged use possible flatulence;
- Central nervous system: with prolonged therapy - sleep disorders;
- Other: in rare cases - allergic reactions.
The entire period of treatment should be careful in all occupations that require speed psychomotor reactions and high concentration of attention (including when driving).
It should be borne in mind that Mexico:
- Enhances the hypotensive effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and beta-blockers;
- Increases the antianginal activity of nitrates;
- Reduces the toxic effects of ethanol;
- Enhances the action of benzodiazepine anxiolytics, antiparkinsonian (including levodopa) and anticonvulsant drugs (for example, carbamazepine).
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light and moisture. The recommended storage temperature is up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 3 years.