Mebicar is a drug that provides tranquilizing (anxiolytic) and mild sedative effect, reducing anxiety, anxiety and irritability.
Release form and composition
Mebikar dosage form - tablets: flat-cylindrical, white in color, with a risk and a bevel (10 pieces in blisters, 2 blisters in cartons).
1 tablet contains:
- Active ingredient: mebicar - 300 mg;
- Auxiliary components: calcium stearate, povidone (high molecular weight polyvinylpyrrolidone).
Indications for use
Mebicar is used in various fields of medicine, including psychotherapy and cardiology. In particular, the drug is prescribed in the following cases:
- Increased irritability, insecurity and emotional lability, which accompany hormonal changes in the body (including in the premenstrual period, during menstruation and menopause), as well as developed as a result of organic, geriatric, situational and stressful mental disorders;
- Neurosis and neurosis-like states, accompanied by a gratuitous feeling of anxiety and fear, emotional lability, increased irritability;
- Chronic verbal hallucinosis of organic genesis;
- Schizophrenia and other diseases associated with anxiety-paranoid syndrome;
- Heart diseases, including ischemic heart disease, cardialgia, rehabilitation period after myocardial infarction (as part of complex therapy).
In narcology, Mebicar is prescribed to reduce alcohol and nicotine addiction, craving for psychoactive drugs, and also to reduce alcohol withdrawal.
In addition, the drug is used to improve the tolerability of other tranquilizers and antipsychotics.
- Age up to 18 years;
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Lactation (or breastfeeding should be temporarily stopped);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, Mebicar can be prescribed only if the expected benefit to the woman outweighs the potential risks to the fetus.
Dosing and Administration
Mebikar should be taken orally, swallowing the pill whole and drinking plenty of water. Food intake does not affect its effectiveness.
The dose and duration of treatment for each patient is determined by the doctor, based on the indications and severity of the disease.
The maximum permissible dose: single - 3000 mg, daily - 10,000 mg.
With increased irritability, emotional lability, fear and anxiety, it is usually prescribed 300-600 mg 3 times a day.
In vegetative and mental disorders (including anxiety, fear, asthenia, loss of memory and attention, non-coronary heart disease cardialgia), as a rule, 600-900 mg are prescribed 3 times a day.
In narcology, Mebicar is also used in 600-900 mg 3 times a day. The duration of treatment of nicotine and alcohol dependence is 5-6 weeks.
When expressed psychopathic disorders that have developed as a result of organic brain lesions, as well as in the case of the development of side effects of antipsychotic drugs, Mebicar is prescribed 900–1800 mg 3 times a day.
Usually Mebikar is well tolerated. In isolated cases, the following side effects occur:
- Allergic reactions in the form of skin rash and itching;
- Digestive disorders;
- Minor hypotension, decrease in body temperature.
The described adverse reactions, as a rule, go away on their own within a few days, so they do not require drug withdrawal.
Mebicar is rapidly excreted from the body, so nursing women can restore breastfeeding 3-4 days after the last dose.
During treatment, you should refrain from driving and performing types of work that require speed of reaction and increased attention.
Therapy for pregnant women should be under the special supervision of a physician.
Since mebicar is chemically inert, its interaction with other drugs depends only on its pharmacological properties.
With simultaneous use of Relanium, Elenium, phenazepam and other tranquilizers, benzodiazepine derivatives, Mebicar enhances their anti-anxiety effect and reduces the risk of side effects.
In the case of co-administration with neuroleptics, an increase in their therapeutic action and a decrease in the likelihood of such adverse reactions as dry mouth, increased sweating, hypersalivation, muscle hypertonicity and tachycardia are noted.
Mebicar increases the effectiveness of antidepressants and improves their tolerability.
The drug reduces the atherogenic effect of propranolol. Enhances the action of hypnotics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС in a dry, dark place. Keep out of the reach of children!
Shelf life - 4 years.